JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Podcasts vs iOS 7  (Read 3850 times)

kurt_eh

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Podcasts vs iOS 7
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »

If you're a big fan of podcasts (I listen to 12+ hours of podcasts a week), avoid the iOS 7 upgrade.

They have completely disabled the iPod's music app's ability to play podcasts, and are forcing users to download a podcast app (preferably their own).

The Apple Podcast app sucks!

If you love your podcasts, and use smartlists or just listen to them in the regular music app, avoid iOS 7!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Podcasts vs iOS 7
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 02:59:19 PM »

i avoid Apple anything. i refuse to slurp the kool aid.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 03:13:39 PM »

Avoiding Apple at all costs without testing the product IS slurping the Kool Aid.

I have an iPhone, iPod and iPad. I sold my iPod when I got the phone. I tested the phone for two weeks before keeping it.
My iPad is crap (Version 1), and it's made me re-consider a tablet.

I've tested the product.... Have you?

I'm just tired of everyone shitting Apple, or Windows, or the to PS3, or the X-Box - most of these people haven't even tried any of them - and won't.... because it's "cool" to hate on something, I guess...

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 02:11:26 AM »

i don't do it because it's 'cool', i just don't see the need to own their products, to constantly upgrade a gadget that works perfectly fine and i refuse to listen to the hype.

i own a mobile phone that does the main thing: allow me to make phone calls out and about. i do not need a phone that also plays music, allows me to access the internet, plays games, and all the rest of this all-singing, all-dancing malarky phones have these days.

i own a PC. I don't need to own a fancy-ass electronic clipboard. therefore, i don't own ANY kind of tablet.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 09:05:37 AM »

It's like Dad said - don't talk religion, politics, money.....cellphones or gaming consoles.
It's all what you want.  I've had a BB for a while.  I tried a iPhone for a few weeks and it was fine.  If the company was not on the verge of collapse I'd get a BB again because 97% of what I do with my phone is emails.

Do whatever suits you.  I swore off phones until my employer directed me to get one.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 08:00:06 PM »

I haven't updated my work ipad operating system until the dust settles.   

I get where Sundance is coming from in terms of the marketing Apple does to sell their overpriced toys.  I laugh at those that wait in line to get the newest Apple product.   If you have that much free time, I strongly suggest doing some community or volunteer service instead of getting another phone that you don't need to fill a void in your life.  I don't get this cult-like following.     

As for the ipad, the only reason why I have it because two apple loving freaks in the company I work for pushed for this tablet hard over any other the tablets in the market.  For the money that this thing sells for, I was expecting more.  Seriously, no USB port?  What planet is this company on.

Go Leafs Go - just end '67

g.ijoecollecter3400

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 01:27:43 PM »

My girlfriend has her heart set on one of these " touch screen i pad tablet gizzmos " for christmas.

It's not that i mind buying it for her. Its just she has absolutly no need for it. After December she is going to be a full time stay @ home mom. And even if she was still working or eventually goes back to work, she will never, ever us it @ the type of job she does.

So do i buy it for her so she can sit on the couch all day clicking her finger nails on it ???

How useful is it just as a toy ?
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""