Canadian Sightings & Provincial News > NFLD, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, P.E.I.

Halifax's Odysee 2000

(1/4) > >>

Scramble:
I finally found a complete Back-Stop with his elusive pistol, two of them in fact, and a complete North American release of the Pursuader at a store in Halifax by the name of Odysee 2000. He also sold me a copy of How To Draw GI Joes #1 from 1987 for a buck. I had a quick chat with the owner, who was a great guy (seems to be the trend in Halifax) and had substancial knowledge of GI Joe.

He mentioned that he once sold a 99% complete Terrordrome (missing only two gas pumps) within an hour of putting it on display for $450. I was curious if the big buyer is on this board, and if anyone in the Maritime area has ever dropped by this place. Reasonable prices on what he has, which isn't all that much but enough for a comic shop, and just a guy worth supporting.

BHMike:
Tell him about this board and get him on it!
More contacts for Joe Collectors in Canada is never a bad thing.
:-)

Spillspleen:
Yes please get him on here...maybe he has some items I need...lol!!!

The more the better!!! :thumbsup:

Scramble:
Sadly, I visited Odysee 2000 on my last day in Halifax. I only thought of telling him to visit the board after I was back at my brother's apartment. I'll try to track down his e-mail address, though, and hook him up.

SoundEffect:
I've been there hundreds of times when I lived in Halifax...he does have some rare stuff. I don't like the prices, but then I've always gotten Joes at really good prices, but it's a worthwhile shop to visit for sure. Lots of vintage Star Wars, GI Joe, anime, etc.

I don't think they have a website yet, but the same guy's been in business since 1977. I found this info online:

Odyssey 2000
6407 Quinpool Rd., Halifax, NS
Ph: (902) 429-6477

----------------------------

Another Halifax shop that has a similar selection and as good, if not better prices is "Strange Adventures". And they do have a website:

http://www.strangeadventures.com/

Between the two, I like "Strange Adventures" better. Hope you got to see this place Scramble! Hope you enjoyed Halifax too! I miss it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version