JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Go Habs Go (only canadian team in the playoff)  (Read 22101 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Go Habs Go (only canadian team in the playoff)
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 12:33:19 PM »

Rangers got a field goal in game 2 and it was enough for the win. 

The built in excuse is if that the Habs lose (and I think they will), it was all because of the Price injury.  The reality is, it doesn't matter who is in net for the Habs.  Lundquist is playing on another level and is stoning the Habs.  The Rangers had no business winning game 2.   

Keider has done this twice now.  The NHL won't be stupid going forward with this guy.

What built in excuse? Nobody from the Habs team is using Price's loss as an excuse for trailing in this series. Your sources must be flawed...or you must be a Habs hater. I'll go with Habs hater and that's fine by me: GO HABS GO!  ;D .... 'til the end, no matter what.
2 + 2 = 22

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 05:54:54 PM »

Your sources must be flawed...or you must be a Habs hater. I'll go with Habs hater and that's fine by me: GO HABS GO!  ;D .... 'til the end, no matter what.

He's from the Greater Toronto Area (or a Lesser Area near Toronto if you ask me). Of course he's a Habs hater!!!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 08:32:35 PM »

The built in excuse is if that the Habs lose (and I think they will), it was all because of the Price injury.  The reality is, it doesn't matter who is in net for the Habs.  Lundquist is playing on another level and is stoning the Habs.  The Rangers had no business winning game 2.   

Keider has done this twice now.  The NHL won't be stupid going forward with this guy.

What built in excuse? Nobody from the Habs team is using Price's loss as an excuse for trailing in this series. Your sources must be flawed...or you must be a Habs hater. I'll go with Habs hater and that's fine by me: GO HABS GO!  ;D .... 'til the end, no matter what.

The fans have the built in excuse, not the team.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 01:56:16 AM »

The fans have the built in excuse, not the team.

@Jon S : Might I add "lesser fan from the Leafs Nation.''  ::)
2 + 2 = 22

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »

Nope. Leafs fans are the most die-hard fans in all of hockey. To the point that I question their mental stability. Habs fans are rabid too (and not exactly great people - you lead the league in hockey riots by far) but they've got nothing on the lemming-like Leaf fans marching off the cliff year after year.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 12:38:53 PM »

Nope. Leafs fans are the most die-hard fans in all of hockey. To the point that I question their mental stability. Habs fans are rabid too (and not exactly great people - you lead the league in hockey riots by far) but they've got nothing on the lemming-like Leaf fans marching off the cliff year after year.

I wasn't generalizing either Jon. My comment was directed at Pete only, with some twisted humor in it, good ol' LJ style ( that still doesn't mean that I didn't mean some of it LOL). Fans always get carried away, taken. Also to think that the Habs fans are the only ones behind the riots in Montreal is an overstatement. Fans are not the only ones that have to do with this. You can say it's become somewhat of a festival gone horribly wrong in which other people also coming as far as other parts of the country take part in order to cash in on their looting. But yeah, the riots are a huge shame and the worst demonstration of fanatism to actual hockey sports fans like us.
2 + 2 = 22

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »

My comment was directed at Pete only

Sorry, not "directed at Pete only", but "referring to what Pete had said" about the Habs fans generalized comment is what i actually meant to say.
2 + 2 = 22

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »

I wasn't generalizing either Jon. My comment was directed at Pete only, with some twisted humor in it, good ol' LJ style ( that still doesn't mean that I didn't mean some of it LOL). Fans always get carried away, taken. Also to think that the Habs fans are the only ones behind the riots in Montreal is an overstatement. Fans are not the only ones that have to do with this. You can say it's become somewhat of a festival gone horribly wrong in which other people also coming as far as other parts of the country take part in order to cash in on their looting. But yeah, the riots are a huge shame and the worst demonstration of fanatism to actual hockey sports fans like us.

I proud to say that the vast majority of the Vancouver hockey rioters are locals and we have very good ethnic and gender representation!

A lot of old time Habs fans out West though. My old man (65yo+) says back in the day you either picked the Habs or one of the American teams. Never the Leafs. Never EVER the Leafs.

The number of Canucks fans grows every year as they remain half-decent but I'm a Rockies/Devils fan since the 'Nucks always were getting pasted by the Oilers and Flames for so many years. Go Habs since the Rangers are the Devil's most hated rivals!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2014, 11:37:09 PM »

Man. Habs won this game tonight, and our new goaltender kid had much to do with it. It does matter who is in the net afterall Pete. Even your hero Mr. Don Cherry, who doesn't hold back on badmouthing the Habs, compared Tokarski to a possible....little Ken Dryden. Congrats Habs for staying in the game tonight, and congrats to Tokarski on his first well deserved win in the playoffs, and perhaps more victories to come in this series. And go last Canadian team go Pete  8).
2 + 2 = 22

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2014, 06:26:43 PM »

Man. Habs won this game tonight, and our new goaltender kid had much to do with it. It does matter who is in the net afterall Pete. Even your hero Mr. Don Cherry, who doesn't hold back on badmouthing the Habs, compared Tokarski to a possible....little Ken Dryden. Congrats Habs for staying in the game tonight, and congrats to Tokarski on his first well deserved win in the playoffs, and perhaps more victories to come in this series. And go last Canadian team go Pete  8).

Hold on.  I don't care for Don Cherry and the rhetoric that comes out of his mouth.   

Sorry, the Habs are on life support.  Don't see the Rangers losing three in a row.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 06:47:20 PM by Pete The Greek »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2014, 10:41:55 PM »

Will there be another touchdown tonight for the NY Rangers?  lol

Price is officially out for the rest of the Eastern Final conference, due to his injury caused by New York's Chris Kreider who rammed into the net with his skates on Price. Did you know this isn't his first time that he goes at goalie in this fashion? Fact. Rangers knew Price had to beaten in order to win the Series. Congratulations Rangers.  just wasn't counting on the fact they'd beat him litteraly so to speak.
COOL we get to hear the excususe " Well if we would have had Price things would be different " for six months. Come on! Montreal crashes Lunquist just as good as they get. They just unfortunatly got thr shitty end of the stick in this occurence. Further more i dont blame Price one bit for faking and making a slight injury seem a lot, lot worse, If i was Price i would want to get as far, far away from the montreal canadians as i could because i know they are gonna blow the series.

Cudos to Price, only smart Montreal player there is. He gets outta the way early so his name is not attached to the major lose they are about to suffer
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""

g.ijoecollecter3400

• where not worthy
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2014, 10:52:13 PM »

Oh ya did i mention i wasn io whe a Rangers fan? Think i did a few a postes ago when i said " lets go Rangers "
3 to 1 series lead .. how you gonna get outta did Martin ? LOL
I oppened the drawer and there it was "" GONE ""