JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Go Habs Go (only canadian team in the playoff)  (Read 22110 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Go Habs Go (only canadian team in the playoff)
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2014, 07:23:31 AM »

Hold on.  I don't care for Don Cherry and the rhetoric that comes out of his mouth.   

Sorry, the Habs are on life support.  Don't see the Rangers losing three in a row.

Must give you that Pete. I don't see Rangers losing at this point. The series end looks like it's been decided. I see the Habs beeing able to win at least one more game if they can, but to be Lucky to win three in a row, considering that luck has been in shortage against a team that doesn't primarily rely on luck or need to believe in miracles, that will be near improbable.

And 3400, that was my initial reaction about losing Price and it did not stick long with me. Although game 4 was very hard to watch, I will be the one to admit that the Rangers deserved the victory dance because they kept their gameplay consistent throughout the series.

I don't think Price would fake such an injury to miss such an important series. It just doesn't make sense to me. We fans think sometimes we can think what the players are thinking, but that is not the case, so I won't counterpoint in that direction, nor feed my initial comment about Rangers knowing how to win by defeating Price, because we will never know that actually, so that settles it.

As for Tokarski, my opinion doesn't change of him. He's able to put a good fight and that interests me more at this point. There's team Habs and there's team Tokarski: GO HABS GO, GO Tokarski GO! And Let's go Rangers since they've got my respect as well.

On a concluding note, I do have a bad feeling however that whoever emerges victorious will have a much harder time against the western conference teams. I've seen their games, and they're at a much incredible pace.
2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2014, 07:24:22 AM »

Oh ya did i mention i wasn io whe a Rangers fan? Think i did a few a postes ago when i said " lets go Rangers "
3 to 1 series lead .. how you gonna get outta did Martin ? LOL

There is always hope when you are in playoffs... assuming your team is in the playoffs :-) "My" team is still there and the next game is here in Montreal. Everything is possible!!

On game 7 against the Bruins, the game was held in Boston. The Canadiens sold out all their tickets. The Bell Centre was full... and no players were on the ice in Montreal. 21,000 fans paid $10 to see their team on the screen. How many hockey team can do this?

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2014, 08:11:58 AM »

There is no way Price is faking an injury.  What would be the point of that?  This guy gets injured quite a bit 

If you want to look for a reason why the Habs are in this position, look at the power play.  The Rangers have shut it down.   
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2014, 10:47:43 PM »

And the Habs scored a TD tonight.  lol. 

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2014, 11:32:51 PM »

You sure love to talk with BIG American Football terms when talking about Canadian hockey.
2 + 2 = 22

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2014, 11:35:11 PM »

I'm happy seeing you mentioning it. I was logging tonight to make this statement :-)

Go Habs Go!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2014, 11:39:01 PM »

I'm happy seeing you mentioning it. I was logging tonight to make this statement :-)

Go Habs Go!

And GO Tokarski GO!  8)
2 + 2 = 22

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2014, 11:54:27 PM »

You sure love to talk with BIG American Football terms when talking about Canadian hockey.

ahem.  Did you forget the CFL.  You do have a team in Montreal named after a bird. 

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2014, 08:24:44 AM »

Ahem....

American Football = sport played with the ball in the hands.

Football (real name of what is known as soccer) = sport played mainly with the foot, and never with the hands.

CFL is still essentially American Football sport, doesn't matter who plays it, it's still an "American" sport.

2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2014, 10:08:05 AM »

goalkeepers in soccer can handle the ball in the penalty box.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 28, 2014, 10:40:05 AM »

Ahem....

Football (real name of what is known as soccer) = sport played mainly with the foot, and never with the hands.

CFL is still essentially American Football sport, doesn't matter who plays it, it's still an "American" sport.

I'm truly impressed  ::) with both of you for your your sporting knowledge. I'm also so glad you're both willing to share your veritable septic tanks FULL of knowledge with us all. By all means continue this urinating match. It has SUCH bearing on the thread topic.  ;) :D ;D
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 03:05:13 PM by Pete The Greek »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2014, 12:18:37 PM »

Ahem....

I'm truly impressed  ::) with both of you for your your sporting knowledge. I'm also so glad you're both willing to share your veritable septic tanks FULL of knowledge with us all. By all means continue this urinating match. It has SUCH bearing on the thread topic.

You know a simple "lets get back on topic" would have sufficed.  Instead, you posted flame bait that I have to watch going forward as a moderator.  Great.