JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: JoeIndex - Update 4/25  (Read 2129 times)

JoeIndex

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thejoeindex.com/
JoeIndex - Update 4/25
« on: April 25, 2006, 10:08:11 PM »

Well, time for an update/ status report.

The actual update is fairly small for reasons I'll get to in the report portion. So first, here's what's new:

Figures:
1983 Gung Ho
1986 Serpentor - updated with his snake variations. Pretty cool, check em out - and the colors have bigger pictures linked to them.
1986 Brazil Missions Mainframe
1986 Brazil Missions Wetsuit
1993 Star Brigade Roadblock - a cooler figure than I've previously given it credit for.

Vehicles:

1991 Mail-In WOLF
Tiger Fish
HISS III

Ok, that's all for the updates... now for the status. The watermark removal and replacement is going well. Just about all figures from 1982 to 1998 have been updated with the new marks. The few that remain require some additional work that I just haven't had the chance to do yet. The vehicles are still done at random since they have so many more images on the average so I'll get to them as time allows.

Also, started working on a new update to the site pages that will make indentification easier. Currently you can head to the Vehicle area and scroll through the years and see what came out when. What I've started working on is having each year also broken down into thumbnail portions so that you can pick a year (or you can view all vehicles released to date - this will be very image intensive, thus SLOW on dial-up and it's not "live" on the site yet though the page exists) and check out the thumbnails of each vehicle/battlestation etc... that came out in that year. 1987 has the most completed items so you can see how it will work by following that link, or you can just click around and see where the progress is.

The same will be done with the figures but that will have to wait a few days as it's more time intensive to setup than the vehicles which have a third the amount of items that the figures do.

Other than that, things are going well and fairly quickly. Thankfully the watermark updates are winding down so I'll be able to get back to more content additions. Have much more to come...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
The JoeIndex - updated 02/18/2007

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
JoeIndex - Update 4/25
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 07:58:30 AM »

Have I told you Jon that I think your site is amazing.

Seriously, while it takes some time to get familiar with the layout, it loads faster than yojoe.com, and is more 'detailed'.

You can really tell a 'fan' put this together.
mike

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
JoeIndex - Update 4/25
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2006, 08:49:44 AM »

It's like a more accurate yojoe that didn't "sell out to the man"... Honestly I'm waiting for the site to reach critical mass, but it's already replaced yojoe for me when looking up vehicles, and will eventually replace yojoe for figures for me.

-  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

JoeIndex

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thejoeindex.com/
JoeIndex - Update 4/25
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »

Thanks guys, it's still slow going due to how I break down the vehicles per the blueprints (all those parts pics on the larger items gets time consuming) but it really is going at a pretty good clip all things considered. I'll really be glad to get the watermark replacing done so I can go back to just adding new things.

The figures will get there, but they take longer only because of the sheer volume of them. You do 20 figures and you barely make a dent, you do 20 vehicles and you can knock out an entire year's worth of stuff. So I try to do 1 vehicle for every 5 figures. It keeps a nice balance most of the time.
The JoeIndex - updated 02/18/2007

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
JoeIndex - Update 4/25
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 02:43:03 PM »

Quote from: ""Raptor""
It's like a more accurate yojoe that didn't "sell out to the man"... Honestly I'm waiting for the site to reach critical mass, but it's already replaced yojoe for me when looking up vehicles, and will eventually replace yojoe for figures for me.

-  :chicken:

Yojoe has become stagnent and lazy for updating vintage stuff.  The international section is huge freaking joke to find anything.  I have about 1000 pictures to crop out and ID for his site (and this doesn't include the Funskool figures).

Plus I am not going to contribute my stuff to yojoe so they can make a profit off me.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67