JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Greatest Battles DVD Set  (Read 1866 times)

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Greatest Battles DVD Set
« on: January 29, 2009, 12:58:22 AM »

Just caught wind of the next DVD box set, and if you thought the first five were frustrating, just get a look at this...thing:

I have a distinct feeling we in Canada are going to see this at retail instead of the missing three pieces of the MASS Device series. Pretty disheartening that Hasbro is wasting time before the movie on something like this.

The DVD isn't apparently anything to do with the Sunbow or Dic cartoons, strictly 00s stuff, as far as I am aware.

On the other hand, I guess it's an ok starter kit for a kid, and that's cool I guess. Right?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Greatest Battles DVD Set
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:03:02 AM »

I saw this the other day, and it did nothing for me.
I really don't need new version of those 4 characters- or for that matter 4 new painted versions.
Unless there is something missing, that isn't shown in the photo, I am going to pass on this one.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 08:25:21 AM »

If I see it in person for $20.00 I might buy it but I'm not going to order that on line.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Kronz

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2009, 04:57:44 AM »

I am definitely passing on it unless it's on clearance, which seems like a possibility. At least they didn't put a special exclusive figure in it, I appreciate that much at least. If I had a kid I'd definitely see this a good way to get four of the main characters, but as someone who's already got double, triple and quadruple versions of these character in 25 iterations, it's a drag. When I was a kid, finding any of these four dudes at retail was like winning the lottery. Now they're over-available at best.

thatcarlguy

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2009, 10:30:22 AM »

I know what you mean. As a kid I never had the Silver faceplate CC. I didn't get him till I was 24 lol. I had the hooded one because I sent away for him. I had Snake Eyes with Timber though. I got him from Santa (or rather my neighbor who dressed up as Santa which was really nice of him). Storm Shadow I got on a trip to Disney of all places. He cost like twice as much as a Joe figure should and my parents were mad at me for buying him because of that but they just didn't understand. Duke I got on a trip to Barrie when my family was visiting my uncle who lives up there. Why I remember that so clearly is because it was right around the time of the big Tornado they had. We left because of all the warnings and the weather and drive home were terrible. But I had Duke to keep me busy.

A set like this would have been a God send when I was a kid. I'll pass now though because I don't need these versions. I might buy the set for my cousins kids. They would likely love it. They're just about old enough for Joes. They know Star Wars and Transformers.