JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: More Movie Toys revealed - Including the PIT!  (Read 4572 times)

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: More Movie Toys revealed - Including the PIT!
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 04:01:31 PM »

I stand corrected. After seeing more and closer shots the PIT looks pretty lame all opened up. I'd be down with it if it opened for play like the MCC, but this "transforms" and doesn't reflect what would actually be the interior of the vehicle. There's even some rocks coming out of the walls in some places. I hope we can get the Hawk figure in some other way, I want that Dennis Quaid head for my Flint..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 10:21:34 PM »

As much as I WANT to like that 'Pit,' I just can't.  It really just looks uninspired.  Like they put a U-Boat on top of an APC and had it open into little corridors.

I like that it comes with stuff like crates and the ping-pong table, and I'm sure it would make a nice set for the comics I shoot with my figures, but I'd have preferred if they just gave the oldschool Headquarters playset the same treatment as the Night Raven.  Oh well.

And really.  Is a massive vehicle thing a safer headquarters than a secret incognito underground base? :shifty:
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

freakx2001

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 10:27:44 PM »

I'm sorry.. but the Pit just looks horrible... I'm actually embarrassed for this whole line...  I really don't see how any serious Joe collector could be interested at all in these toys. I'm not bashing the movie, just the toys, they are so lame, and just seem like a quick cash grab to me..