JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Here's my question to submit for the next Hasbro Q&A session, whenever that is.  (Read 9590 times)

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile

Sweet.

Should I change the wording on any of my other questions? Since my first two left Inzane confused, I'm wondering if those might not need reworking...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile

Quote from: "Editor"
Why should we be concerned about the length of the question?

Hasbro has shown time and again in these Q&As, that if they have the ability to give a KISS answer, they will. The longer and more thought out a question is the harder it can be for them to supply replies that avoid answering the actual submitted questions. At the very least it puts a larger onus on them to provide a more detailed answer.

If we honestly want to use these Q&As to get information from Hasbro, then a better caliber of questioning from the fans, would hopefully push Hasbro to respond with more than the "hey great question, things are in the works, keep your eyes open." answers that tell us nothing.

Actually, Hasbro has shown it gives more non-committal answers to long questions, questions with a lot of commentary, and questions with hidden insults. A lot of short, polite, and to the point questions have been answered generously.
Updated!

Inzane

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile

Quote from: "Jay"
That's what you get for not paying attention. :p

But seriously, question 1 is about the nice cardboard dio pieces being included in ROC multipacks, like the MARS hallway/door from the MARS 3-pack, or the PIT hangar from the Attack Of The PIT 5-pack, or the MARS base docks from the Rescue Mission 4-pack.

Oh, you mean can they post the "artwork" from the dios on the web?   (that makes more sense)

Question 2 is about Built To Rule, Hasbro's attempt at building block toys back in 2003.

*shrug* never heard of that ...

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile

I have two more!

1) Why was the Mantis Attack Craft's stock photography edited with two sets of controls to look like a two-seater, when the toy itself only has one set of controls and can only fit one figure?

2) At one point Hasbro planned to make a different Scrap-Iron using parts that made him ressemble the original a lot more (Shipwreck torso, Airborne arms and legs), with very positive response from fans. Why was this tooling not chosen over the Comic Pack version for either of his Rise of Cobra redecos?

Stratos

• View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/Stratos

Newb here so I apologize in advance of these questions have been asked:

When can we expect to see a RoC/PoC Jinx action figure?

Will we see a RoC City Strike Scarlett?  Possibly with helmet/motorcycle?

I second the requests for new BtR Lego-type sets - heck, just license Joe to Lego!!  I second the request for a RoC/PoC/Resolute Stalker!
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile

Quote from: "Stratos"
That kind of "will we see specific character A" question never gets answered.

We are getting a City Strike Scarlett. No motorcycle or helmet, just a new Rachel Nichols head, a black-colored Resolute Scarlett body, plenty of blades, a flight pack and a gas mask.

Stratos

• View Profile

That kind of "will we see specific character A" question never gets answered.

We are getting a City Strike Scarlett. No motorcycle or helmet, just a new Rachel Nichols head, a black-colored Resolute Scarlett body, plenty of blades, a flight pack and a gas mask.

Well, someone mentioned Stalker so I thought I'd throw Jinx in the request pile too.  :)

Maybe I need to be more specific on my Scarlett request... maybe "Paris Pursuit" is a better nomenclature - I want the jacket, helmet, motorcycle - not another black suit hardly worn in the film!
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile

Sorry to say, but Hasbro just doesn't think "civilian" figures can sell to kids.
That's why Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow traded in his white suit for a white leather jacket with all the ninja styling, why we didn't get SDCC Destro at retail in any way, shape or form and why The Doctor has a gimp suit under that labcoat of his.

Stratos

• View Profile

Sorry to say, but Hasbro just doesn't think "civilian" figures can sell to kids.
That's why Paris Pursuit Storm Shadow traded in his white suit for a white leather jacket with all the ninja styling, why we didn't get SDCC Destro at retail in any way, shape or form and why The Doctor has a gimp suit under that labcoat of his.

Chuckles was one of my favorite figures as a kid.  I often pretended he was from Magnum P.I.  :)

Arashikage!

Snake8Storm

• phpBB Canadian Ranger
    • View Profile

1) Has Hasbro given any thought to making a lego or lego type G.I. Joe game, something similar to Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman or Lego Indiana Jones. Gi Joe seems like it would be perfect for a game of that type. Especially if there 80's costumes are used.  ;D

2) Will Hasbro Toy Shop ever offer different shiping options to Canada other than UPS(which is crazy to ship anything cross border), for example via USPS?.

3) With the release of the Excellent Gi Joe Rise of Cobra game can we expect to see more GI Joe video games out in the near future or is this a one time deal?

Stratos

• View Profile

Well I don't work for Hasbro but I'll assume they wouldn't do a Lego Joe game w/o first having Lego Joes.  Lego has/had rights to Lucasfilm and Batman properties and now Disney/Pixar.

Arashikage!

Inzane

• View Profile

I second the requests for new BtR Lego-type sets - heck, just license Joe to Lego!! 

Quote from: "Snake8Storm"
1) Has Hasbro given any thought to making a lego or lego type G.I. Joe game, something similar to Lego Star Wars, Lego Batman or Lego Indiana Jones. Gi Joe seems like it would be perfect for a game of that type. Especially if there 80's costumes are used.  ;D

As a lego collector, I can give my prediction on this one.  I would say no, not going to happen.  The Lego Group has a thing against violence and guns, etc.  WIth Gi-Joe being primarily a military theme, it seems like an unlikely concept to make it into a Lego theme. 

Just using Star Wars as an example, it took a LONG time for the company to finally revisualize the minifig weapons and finally give a proper "gun".  I think it was in the 2007 line of sets where the change occured, and Star Wars had been licensed by Lego as far back as 1999.  (previously, guns were always represented by a generic megaphone blaster piece).