JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: McFarlane Toys Halo Reach Warthog  (Read 2341 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: McFarlane Toys Halo Reach Warthog
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 08:16:15 PM »

This is what the customer review says. Since the TMP figures released for this line are six inch tall it's safe to say that ARAH Joes will look a bit small in this toy:

"Pros: It's a 15" long, 8" tall Warthog IFV, straight from the game, and it will fit most TMP Halo figures (although the earlier Halo3 figures may look a little small in this beast). The figures fit in the seats just fine and can easily hold the steering wheel and shifter. The rear machinegun has nothing to brace the gunner's feet, only the gun handles to hold him/her in place.
Unlike the more 'fragile' ATV Mongoose by TMP, this Warthog is built of sturdier plastics and made to last. Definitely more a toy than a model. Have fun beating this up indoors or outdoors. Clear windshield, rubber tires, and lots of accurately sculpted details. A very clean paint job with no bleeding or smudging of paint, in solid greens and greys (UNSC symbols on the driver's side) and some "worn" texture for metal areas and the tires.

Cons: For the price the only features are: turning wheels, turning steering wheel, and a rear machinegun that raises and rotates 360 degrees. For what it is, the toy is fine, although some extra "play features" might have knocked this out of the park. A working winch would have been really nice.
Also, the "suspension" is accurate to the game with 4 separate struts (1 per wheel) and has a little flexible give. This is great for a little "bounce" while rolling along, but the rear tires are way too close to the chassis, so if you push from the back of the vehicle there's so little room that the tire treads rub up against the fenders and if the treads catch they stop forward motion altogether. This problem may vary from toy to toy, and is the only obvious detraction I found, but it really should be fixed with any future re-releases. Toy customizers may feel ambitious about fixing this themselves, or go further and add lights, etc. "
2 + 2 = 22

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 09:17:36 PM »

I actually picked mine up yesterday.  Its too big for Joes IMHO.  The scale is inbetween Halo Reach size figures and Halo 3 size figures (I actually think its closer to Halo 3 scale then Halo Reach).  Its huge though, I really like it.  Going to set up a display with some marines.
Edit: just to note Halo 3 figures are roughly 5-6 inches and Halo Reach are 6-7.  And they are far more wide and bulkier then Joes.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 09:28:59 PM by NeoDragonKnight »
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 11:47:08 PM »

That's bad... I was hoping... that jeep looks really cool! If you can take few pictures... and put some Joes in it just to see...

Thanks guys!

Martin

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 03:32:42 PM »

I made a review with pics in the review section, here
http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/http ... 858#p46858

and some action pics here
http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... pic=4949.0
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:16:52 PM »

Maybe we should put a SNAKE (Armour) in it to see how it looks!
Lurking

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 06:09:27 PM »

And if you think that is big, I saw the new Halo Reach R/C Warthog and Mongoose.  Those babies are even bigger than the non-R/C versions.