JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Don't believe the hype (2005 convention info).  (Read 4490 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Don't believe the hype (2005 convention info).
« on: January 04, 2005, 11:44:06 AM »

There is a list floating around of this years 2005 lineup. I'm not going to bother posting it for 2 reasons, it sucks to have the surprise ruined and Brian over at the MC group has responded to a thread about this years figures, is aware of the "list" and saying we should be careful what we read and there is a lot of incorrect information floating around.

There was a thread about the Con over at Joecustoms that was closed down and I asked Beav directly if I should post what Brian was saying but Beav thought that might lead to more conflict, which makes sense. Anyhow, thought I would at least pass this info onto my fellow Canucks.

Take it for what it's worth.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 12:11:26 PM »

Guess what! A 'ringer' of mine told me that Brian will make use of the Salvo mold and all the female molds to create Mr. Clean and the Soccer moms...talk about 'gleaming leader' and an army with fire power.
I didn't take the list too serious, in case of 'subject to change' line. But it did ruin the guessing game we had going on back in Joecustoms.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 12:29:21 PM »

Just trying to picture the parts required for a Mr. Clean custom, I can't for the life of me remember what his pants look like. Does he have pants? Does he even have legs? They say Mr. Clean was designed as a modern-day genie, with the crossed arms and the earring, maybe the guy doesn't have legs...

Yeah, that convention thread went to hell. There were really two valid points:

-Knowing sooner allows people to save up beforehand.
-If you're not wealthy enough to spend that much money on exclusive figures unless you absolutely love the set, you probably have more important uses for your money.

Everything else was juvenile or too agressive to take seriously.
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 12:45:22 PM »

I find it hard to believe that people would have this type of inside information. Thus I will wait for pics to show up.

There are people like me that will buy it regardless.  You know already that a exclusive set is going to cost $200 +.  It has for the last 3 years. And last year it cost me over $400 US to get all the exclusives (figures/vehicles) for myself (excluding items I picked up for other Canucks).  hat I didn't expect.   Plus it doesn't matter what the figures look like. Previous sets have been good in my books.  

And it really bugs me on other message boards when guys that don't go to the con whine/complain about the costs of the exclusives and type of figures.  Every year it's same BS I read.  The exclusives are the added bonus of going to the con. Meeting other collectors and experiencing is what is all about.

As for saving up to go to the con, my plans went to hell this week when I was reminded that I am in a wedding party on the same weekend of the con.  I am really bummed out as a result.  But I am working on a plan as I was looking forward to going to land of the purple people eaters.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 03:02:39 PM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
The exclusives are the added bonus of going to the con. Meeting other collectors and experiencing is what is all about.

That's one other thing that bugged me, there were some people on other boards that were waiting on the exclusive set list to make a decision if they should go to the con or not; other words, they look forward to the toys more than meeting others that share the same hobby. If that's what they worry about, they should just stay home and order the 'homefront' package and not  worry/bitch about planning and travelling for the set.
It stinks that you can't make it to the con this year, Pete. But I hope your plan works out..

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 04:10:55 PM »

Quote from: ""Agent_Loop""
That's one other thing that bugged me, there were some people on other boards that were waiting on the exclusive set list to make a decision if they should go to the con or not; other words, they look forward to the toys more than meeting others that share the same hobby. If that's what they worry about, they should just stay home and order the 'homefront' package and not  worry/bitch about planning and travelling for the set.

Agreed. That is what bugs me as well.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 10:40:19 PM »

Like Pete said, the con is about meeting other collectors and checking out whats old and new in the world of Joe.  Exclusives are a perk.  These exclusives can be ordered through other means after the con.  By way of the Collectors Club or through honest collectors who are members of the collectors club.  Basing attendence on if the exclusive is good or not (it comes down to personal opinion) is a waste of time.

Pete I hope you can swing something, I hate to hear you can't go :|
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2005, 04:17:05 PM »

I am one of the other Canucks Pete mentioned...I can not thank Pete enough for getting me a set last year...well...I can...one more time...thanks!!!

Anyways I am not sure you guys have noticed but in this hobby there is alot of really immature people (of all ages)?real immature?I once posted something and some guy did not like it and threatened to come across the boarder to kick my butt?anyways do not let these types of posts bug you?if they do not want to come I say great, one less dork to ruin everyone elses time and one less guy in the line up?.the convention will be a hit no matter what?and do you really want to go to a convention where dorks like the ones you guys are mentioning are going to be????...that?s why some people dress up I guess?they do not want to be seen with pea brains like these?!!  :lol:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2005, 06:52:22 PM »

I met a dork at a 'meet' once.... all he wanted was the exclusives. :shifty:

I think quite a few of you met him. ;-)

Honestly, I see NO reason to goto a con/meet whatever JUST to get an exclusive item. It should be about the hobby, the enjoyment, and the chance to spend it with others like yourself.

But that's just my opinion.
Mike

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2005, 07:11:55 PM »

Quote from: ""Spillspleen""
Anyways I am not sure you guys have noticed but in this hobby there is alot of really immature people (of all ages)…real immature…I once posted something and some guy did not like it and threatened to come across the boarder to kick my butt

I guess the "dork" couldn't cross the "bay".  It must be all those chase figures that he was holding on to scalp.

Quote from: ""BHT""
I met a dork at a 'meet' once.... all he wanted was the exclusives. :shifty:

I think quite a few of you met him. ;-)

I had to read it a second time to figure that one out.  Now I know what your talking about.  That was pathetic based on the intentions pulled by the puppet master.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 09:18:42 PM »

I don't get it. Must be an inside joke?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2005, 11:17:56 PM »

No...if you dock your ship you should get it... :thumbsup: