JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Operation Crimson sabotage  (Read 2243 times)

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Operation Crimson sabotage
« on: January 07, 2005, 09:39:26 AM »

I got mine yesterday... Being a fan of the Hiss tank, I found this set very cool. Sure equipping the CG with shotgun is stupid but hey its a small detail compare to the possibilities of such a set. I recommend it to all joe fans.

What did you guys think of the set?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Say no to AFA.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 11:56:03 AM »

I'm not so happy with mine, I found the read kind of bright, and the vehicles (while I love the HISS) just seem small and fragile.
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 12:18:02 PM »

I've very happy with the sets I have. Besides a few misplaced stickers and the lack of the back packs/ wrong gun, I think the set is great. Even those few small faults I mentioned are nothing in the big picture of how cool these are.
3 Crimson Guards, plus a crimson tank AND crimson asp for $20.00 U.S? That is a great deal. I know some poeple don't like the heads but I think they are great. They look like they are right out of the 80's imo.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 12:26:35 PM »

This set got me more enthusiastic than any other new product from Hasbro in years, even moreso than the Infantry pack. I bought two of these and love them. I've never had both the ASP and the HISS in my collection at the same time, so finally getting to utilize the tow feature fulfills a childhood desire.

I'm also a huge fan of the new CG heads. So much better than having Gung Ho, Duke, and Snake Eyes' heads under there. Now I have the option of removing the helmets.

The Crimson Guard Immortal from the CAT makes for a great gunner, by the way. I've got him in one turret, and Tomax and Xamot behind the other, adding some nice colour to my HISS column.
Updated!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2005, 12:34:48 PM »

I love this set. It's one of the best sets to have come out in a long time.  For 20 US, you get two small vehicles and three CGs.  You can't beat that.

The only minor detail that is wrong with the set in my view is the stickers on the vehicles (some are in the wrong spot, some belong in the WTF category, some are not transparent).  And I could care less if the CG helmets are big. The original Cobra Soldier had a big head to start with.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67