JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 470678 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #276 on: October 25, 2023, 09:24:53 PM »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 26, 2023, 10:59:54 AM »

Do we have Ross in Canada?

https://youtu.be/YCYKl7k1qgM?feature=shared0

No.  I have only noted this retailer in the USA. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 26, 2023, 11:08:06 AM »

Is there an online checklist of all the Classified figures released?  I am not going full hardcore on collecting these and only buying figures that look "cool" and available in local retailers.   

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2023, 01:27:27 PM »

Is there an online checklist of all the Classified figures released?  I am not going full hardcore on collecting these and only buying figures that look "cool" and available in local retailers.   

You're best bet is probably Yojoe.com or 3DJoes.com.

They seem to be the best sites for comprehensive lists/pics/collections of Joe product.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2023, 02:56:07 PM »

I reference this site
https://www.actionfigure411.com/gijoe/classified-visual-guide.php

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2023, 04:31:16 PM »

You're best bet is probably Yojoe.com or 3DJoes.com.

They seem to be the best sites for comprehensive lists/pics/collections of Joe product.

There is nothing in regards to Classified figures on either Site.  The new owners of yojoe.com have ruined this Site. 

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2023, 04:34:13 PM »

I reference this site
https://www.actionfigure411.com/gijoe/classified-visual-guide.php

This will do.  And holy crap, I am way behind.  I really don't want to use ebay in this day of age as paying for shipping is beyond brutal. Looks like I will have to in order to get Snow Job.   

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 26, 2023, 09:57:51 PM »

The new owners of yojoe.com have ruined this Site.

Since you bring this, what happened to YoJoe? It used to be a very good website.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 27, 2023, 07:57:56 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/332491403933515/permalink/1055299618319353/?sfnsn=mo

Officially at 12PM PST, myself and the volunteer team of YoJoe.com have resigned and no longer have any relationship with Vertical Scope. 

Due to their plans to turn the site into nothing but a forum, and do something similar to the database content, YoJoe.com no longer belongs to the G.I.Joe community at large. 

I have fought for nearly three years, doing everything from trying to repair the site, to outright buying it with the help from some in the community, there is simply no way that we can pay what they are asking. 

I encourage the development of some type of alternative database be constructed by the community, for the community, in the same way that YoJoe.com has, for the past 23 years. 

I personally have now lost 15 years of work, 15 years of my life is gone, taken by a Canadian technocrat who eats up thousands forums and websites of every imaginable type, strictly to absorb the ad revenue. The owner of Vertical Scope moved from Canada to the Caribbean, where they run the company from the beach. 

It was fun while it lasted.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 08:00:03 PM by Pete The Greek »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 27, 2023, 08:02:28 PM »

Is not even a forum.  The message boards were killed a while aback.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 27, 2023, 08:38:05 PM »

That Vamp is a must buy for me.  It and the RAM and Breaker were the first Joe vehicles/figures.

The dollar sucks at the moment, but I am hoping the guy I use who brings them in directly from Hasbro will have them for around $180 canadian, of course unless the dollar totally tanks.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 27, 2023, 09:09:22 PM »

That Vamp is a must buy for me.  It and the RAM and Breaker were the first Joe vehicles/figures.

The dollar sucks at the moment, but I am hoping the guy I use who brings them in directly from Hasbro will have them for around $180 canadian, of course unless the dollar totally tanks.

I caved and pre-ordered 2 Vamps directly from Pulse.  Works out to a few cents shy of $260US, which with the current exchange rate is $360Cdn.  So that is $180 per Vamp.  Not ideal, but at least the price Hasbro set in US dollars was reasonable.  $100US for the Vamp with Clutch is a good price.

I have to say they hit another one out of the park with the Vamp and Clutch.  They really went all out on the details for the Vamp and Clutch fits in perfectly with Grunt and Breaker for the OG style (updated) look.