JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS TO HASBRO CANADA!  (Read 13539 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS TO HASBRO CANADA!
« on: January 03, 2008, 09:37:53 AM »

Everyone,

Hasbro Canada has agreed to do an online Q&A, similar to the one Hasbro USA is doing with various online sites.

Please post your questions in this thread, and after a week or so we will have a vote to choose the 5 "best" questions, and they will be submitted to Hasbro Canada.

So, think about what you want to know regarding our favourite Toys in the Great White North, and ask away!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:21:09 AM by Anonymous »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS TO HASBRO CANADA!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 10:47:30 AM »

Are we limited to one question per Q&A session? (this is a question for you, Stealth, not Hasbro).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Updated!

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 10:49:30 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Are we limited to one question per Q&A session? (this is a question for you, Stealth, not Hasbro).

See my post above. I'll be sending 5 at a time.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Storm.Shadow

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 11:01:53 AM »

Question for you:
  Will this be a one time deal or an ongoing line of communication with Hasbro Canada?

Question for Hasbro: 
  Why was the 25th Anniversary line available for such a brief time and limited quantities and then suddenly pulled?
  When will the 25th Anniversary line return to Canadian retail stores and will the packaging be bi-lingual or English only (US Packaging).

Probably the obvious questions but someone had to ask them! :)

Oh, and a thank you to the staff of JoeCanuck for making this possible!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 11:07:35 AM »

Will any other stores besides Toys R Us be carrying G.I. Joe here in Canada?

Will Hasbro Canada open an on line store like Hasbro USA? If so, will we be able to order any waves that Canada has missed?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »

Hope I'm not abusing the privilege by posting more than once but here's another question:
  Will any of the store exclusives (vehicles/multi-packs) be available in Canadian stores?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:35:06 AM by Storm.Shadow »

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 11:30:10 AM »

Would it be possible to get you to use fewer twist ties and elastics in packaging the products? It took me 15 minutes to free a Dragon Hawk from it's box, and that was with a knife and tools!

What product can we expect to see in Canada?

Who do we have to talk to at Canada's TRU and Walmarts to convince them that we need to get more Joe Product on the shelves?

Since you have to do special foreign packaging anyway, will you consider doing country specific "hometown" information to target foreign markets?

:chicken:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 11:37:00 AM by Raptor »
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 11:34:33 AM »

Quote from: "Storm.Shadow"
Hope I'm not abusing the privilege by posting more than once but here's another question:

Ask all the questions you want! The more questions asked, the better selection we'll have to choose from!

Storm.Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
Would it be possible to get you to use fewer twist ties and elastics in packaging the products? It took me 15 minutes to free a Dragon Hawk from it's box, and that was with a knife and tools!

This question was asked by the Star Wars folks and the answer was basically, this is what is required to achieve the dynamic poses (I know that doesn't really apply to the Dragon Hawk) which make the figures stand out on the shelves and will not go away.  They threw in the obligatory "we'll look into it" but it seemed like a dead end.

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Ask all the questions you want! The more questions asked, the better selection we'll have to choose from!

Thanks, will do!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2008, 11:54:59 AM »

Can Canada expect any more American Sigma 6 overstock in our stores?

Is it possible Canada gets any vehicles that are exclusive to store we don't have in Canada.

Will we see the return of Canadian flag sticker sheets?

Will any 25th anniversary figures be based on Canadian characters?
Updated!

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2008, 12:56:45 PM »

Will GI Joe products feature bi-lingual packaging so that fans in Quebec won't be left out?
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2008, 04:38:53 PM »

This can probably be combined with some of the above questions (as well as condensed, but I have to get this off my chest :) )

Dear Hasbro Canada:

I love G.I. Joe.  It was and is the greatest toyline of all time.  I have been collecting since 1996 and have purchased my fair share of your G.I. Joe and Transformer products.  I'm sure there are many other Canadians like me who have purchased much more.  There is a rabid fanbase in Canada!  I'll give you an example:  I already own the first two 25th boxsets (actually two of each).  And yet, as I write this post, I am also looking to get the carded versions of the SAME toys.  I also bought 2 of each 25th release that I can find simply so I can display one and open the other.  This is outright ridiculous from a financial standpoint.  And I know there are some even more insane Joefans who will buy fifty 25th Cobra Soldiers to army build.  We do this because we really enjoy the G.I. Joe toys you make.

Why, then, is it so unbelievably difficult to buy G.I. Joe toys in Canada?!?  The ONLY time I can recall seeing a full series of Joes available in Canada (other than the original ARAH series) was in 1998, for the second run of TRU exclusives.  The 1997 series didn't have the "Stars & Stripes" boxset.  The 2000-2002 series was spotty at best, and with folded paper filecards!  I don't even remember the last G.I. Joe product I've actually purchased in a non-specialty store here in Canada.  Most of my purchases have been eBay, comic shops, from other Joe collectors, or in the US.  I understand you might have problems with creating new bilingual packaging.  And while I despise the folded paper filecards (part of collecting for me is the packaging as well), I'll take those over no Joe product at all.

Here's my question (finally  :o) : Hasbro Canada, can you PLEASE consider offering G.I. Joe toys through a Canadian online store, so that your Canadian Joefans can actually buy the product without too much hassle?  I'm not asking for massive retail distribution (although that would be cool to see lots of Joes on the pegs again... ;D ) ...surely an online store is a possibility?

Thank you for your time.

(feel free to condense  :wink: )
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy