JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Classified favs so far?  (Read 1829 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Classified favs so far?
« on: October 26, 2022, 04:39:37 PM »

Interested to hear from others,
My opinion so far - #35 Storm shadow for Cobra, and #46 Stalker for the Joes.
The newer style pinless figures are really impressive, and these two figures I feel offer the best bang for the $ when accessories are included.

Of course if I could find a Crimson guard, I might have to change my mind.

Honorable mentions - the BAT V1 figure and Zartan.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 05:20:12 PM by akpayne »

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Classified favs so far?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 05:55:57 PM »

As for GI Joe, I love Outback. Speaking about accessories, he got a lot. And the details on is face are perfect. Spirit is easily my second choice. Falcon could be in my Top 3, but I don't like his face. Even if many SE were done so far, I don't think the perfect SE was made yet.

As for Cobra, I really like Hasbro making 2 different troopers so far. So we can army build without having the same fig again and again. And yes, the BATs look very cool too.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 03:31:01 PM »

I totally agree on the Snake Eyes - I have yet to purchase one, as they haven't been what I am looking for in that character.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 03:31:01 PM »

i thought the SE with timber (commando version) looked pretty sweet.  I've actually been quite impressed overall for most of the figures despite owning none of them. For him i was super tempted, but then remembered I still needed both my arms and legs and decided not too.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 10:26:12 PM »

Coin flip between Storm Shadow and TF Outback. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 08:22:09 PM »

I was able to pre-order the Crimson Guard on Amazon.ca. Hopefully my order won't be cancelled. The CG looks very good.

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 12:59:26 PM »

My faves are Flint and Lady Jaye, but that being said I haven't gotten anything since I found a SE Movie Storm Shadow for $15 awhile back. I'd like to get Stalker and I'm disappointed I missed out on Breaker and the RAM. They sold out so quickly in Ottawa, I didn't end up getting one. Now that I'm down east the selection is quite slim. I was buying from DJC Collectibles so I may go back to him again for my future purchases.
Silent Dusty

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 08:25:11 PM »

I jumped in late in the Classified line. At first, I wasn't really interested by a new scale. But some figs look very good.  Now, space is becoming an issue. Since I'm a long time collector, I already have what I wanted in the o-ring style.

But the 6 in gives us more details. So I am hand picking the ones I like the most.

Recently, I got the 02-Snake Eyes. I was so happy to find out I got the variant that has no loose torso and a knife holster that can store the knife like it should. I feel sorry for the collectors that got the first 02 release with these issue.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 07:54:55 PM by martin-montreal »

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 06:14:12 AM »

My current favourite is the Retro Gung-Ho.   When they released the regular retail version I was disappointed by the green jacket and incorrect hat/head.  The Retro version got him back in his 80s colours with a new (correct) hat and head. 

I love the BAT and Alley-Viper, Storm Shadow, Spirit, the Twins, CROC MASTER!!!......hell I like most of the line.  The classic looks with modern tweaks are really great.