JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: The Stinger!  (Read 3508 times)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: The Stinger!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 08:45:41 AM »

And it's now sold-out. How a preorder can be sold-out?

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 03:58:25 PM »

They probably already made them and made a set number.  This isn't like Super7 who do preorders and then make the product.  Hasbro most likely already made them, as seen by the one they opened during last week's Instagram livestream. 

There is a chance they'll make more,  but not likely.  The other hope is that they have more set to arrive, but they won't put them up until they have them confirmed somewhere.  It's weird though since they are targeting November 1st as the release date.  Also the SS/SE 2 pack sold out originally, and then they somehow had more and it was back up for sale on Hasbro Pulse until it sold out again during their recent 40% off sale.  Also, also, there is a high likelihood that some orders will be cancelled, either by the customer, or through payment problems, so there is that to keep an eye on as well.

The one thing that bothers me is the price.  How is the Stinger and Driver cheaper than the 2 packs?  $42 for the 2 packs and $34 for the Stinger and Driver?  Crazy.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 02:53:22 PM »

The one thing that bothers me is the price.  How is the Stinger and Driver cheaper than the 2 packs?  $42 for the 2 packs and $34 for the Stinger and Driver?  Crazy.

I suspect the Stinger tooling probably still exists since it was still around in 2009 and maybe later(?), where as the tooling for the 2 pack trooper/officer are probably completely new tooling.

Totally bummed that I missed out on this. I have been busy the last couple months so I didn't even know this was going on till today.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 03:38:14 PM »

anyone get this thing? Is it the same as the 2009 version?

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 08:18:36 PM »

It's not like the 25th ann. Stinger. It's like the vintage Stinger with a softer plastic.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 06:09:52 AM »

anyone get this thing? Is it the same as the 2009 version?

It sold out so quickly on Pulse.  I really thought they would have more stock and it would reopen for preorder, but nothing.  So I guess it is a wait and see situation, especially because it seems like the whole 3.75" retro line has been put on hold.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 09:40:05 AM »

wich is totally strange consider the HasLab skystriker was a success.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 11:35:41 AM »

wich is totally strange consider the HasLab skystriker was a success.

But probably not the figures themselves. Vehicles are good. I hope we can get a few more vehicles. I expect a Rattler next year as counter to the awe striker we're getting (they just need to make it a little bigger)

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2022, 08:15:18 PM »

Think big: Haslab Hydrofoil 😁

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2022, 05:20:30 AM »

Honestly before prices get even worse I would love if they did the Night Raven.

I think it would do well in the Haslab format, and they could really do it justice with the necessary updates, and modern touches.

The Hydrofoil and Rattler would also be great, but I really think if they do another 3.75" Haslab I would prefer the Night Raven as a counter to the Skystriker, instead of the Rattler.  Even though the Rattler is probably more iconic.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2022, 08:38:13 AM »

Honestly before prices get even worse I would love if they did the Night Raven.

I think it would do well in the Haslab format, and they could really do it justice with the necessary updates, and modern touches.

The Hydrofoil and Rattler would also be great, but I really think if they do another 3.75" Haslab I would prefer the Night Raven as a counter to the Skystriker, instead of the Rattler.  Even though the Rattler is probably more iconic.

I think they clearly go for iconic first. I agree night raven is way better. I don't see boats happening for awhile.