JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Is PoC coming out in Canada?  (Read 6174 times)

DPrime

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Is PoC coming out in Canada?
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2010, 10:45:15 PM »

Quote from: "NeoDragonKnight"
Keep checking the Sightings threads Dprime for your province, its always pretty good in letting you know if thing are coming out and where they are available or not available (since many boardies clean out certain areas lol)

Yeah, unfortunately it's pretty dead for the Atlantic provinces... Man, I need to move back to Ontario! ;)

I'd make it a point to post myself but I will be out of the country for several months pretty soon...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 08:01:54 AM »

Quote from: "DPrime"
Yeah, unfortunately it's pretty dead for the Atlantic provinces... Man, I need to move back to Ontario! ;)
I'd make it a point to post myself but I will be out of the country for several months pretty soon...

If you can't wait for PoC to arrive, you can buy a set online?  For instance HJL Collectables (Hal)  or if you want to killed with shipping costs places like BBTS.com.
Lurking

burg

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 11:16:11 AM »

In Halifax?

Check Strange Adventures, they have a store Downtown on sackville street and a new one in Dartmouth. They bring in lots of GI Joe stuff: www.strangeadventures.com or call 902-425-2140

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 11:30:39 AM »

The TRU I visited Saturday didn't have anything, but the Wally had a good selection... before I stormed it.  ;D
Say no to AFA.

DPrime

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 09:10:12 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"

If you can't wait for PoC to arrive, you can buy a set online?  For instance HJL Collectables (Hal)  or if you want to killed with shipping costs places like BBTS.com.

Yeah, thing is I was able to pick up most stuff already on a trip to the states, but there's a problem with my HISS and I want to see if I can get another one and exchange the faulty one... kind of hard since I can't go back down to where I bought it originally (should have checked in the hotel!).

I buy stuff from BBTS, etc all the time. I've been hit pretty bad with an order from them (the 7-packs - pile of loot), Sideshow and Mastercollector lately. I try to avoid the high shipping and customs but if I want the exclusive stuff you gotta bite the bullet.

DPrime

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 09:11:40 PM »

Quote from: "burg"
In Halifax?

Check Strange Adventures, they have a store Downtown on sackville street and a new one in Dartmouth. They bring in lots of GI Joe stuff: www.strangeadventures.com or call 902-425-2140

Yeah, I like Strange Adventures a lot, but like I said, I kind of want to get something where I can exchange the old one in as defective... Thanks though - great store! I bought quite a few of the 25th figures there when it was hard getting them on the shelves...

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 09:59:46 PM »

I buy stuff from BBTS, etc all the time. I've been hit pretty bad with an order from them (the 7-packs - pile of loot), Sideshow and Mastercollector lately. I try to avoid the high shipping and customs but if I want the exclusive stuff you gotta bite the bullet.

I get killed in shipping costs from BBTS.COM at least once a month, I do not bother with Pile of Loot as I want it right away.  So I buy from HJL collectables when I can to save money.  I know my UPS driver by first name, and he drives by my home now and then just to say hi.
Lurking

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2010, 12:56:05 PM »

Wal-Mart at Dufferin Mall had a set, but they're gone now. They have the vehicles though.

Zellers at Galleria also has the vehicles.

TRU has all of their Rise of Cobra stuff on sale. They're really trying to clear it out so they can get new stuff in. Anyone want a Neo-Viper or Destro?

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2010, 11:57:50 PM »

Well, I can now confirm that the Pursuit of COBRA has tracked into the Prairies.
Picked up CC, Duke, Beachhead, Snowjob and the GhostHawk today.
Retail price is under $8 for the figures and $19 for the vehicles