JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Local Southern Ontario Toyshows  (Read 7404 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Local Southern Ontario Toyshows
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 04:57:02 PM »

One thing that I saw at yesterdays Kitchener show that I really liked was how it was run at the front door. I went down for 9:45, doors opened at 10:00. I was 4th in line of 6 people and by the time 10:00 rolled around the line was a descent size but moved very quickly since the guy took our money in advance and stamped us while we waited. Anyhow, my brother and his son showed up maybe 9:52 but I felt akward about letting them jump in line with me, so I just met him inside. While this was happening 2 guys a girl decided to stand out of theline, off to the other side of the door so they would be the first ones in. I didn't take my eyes off them and they kept their back to the line and when the did see me staring at them they quickly looked down. I even me a comment when someone asked me what I was looking at. "Oh I'm watching these guys up here, seeing if they are trying to cut the line".

Sure enough, the guy running the show opens the door and these 3 chuckle heads start for the door. Thankfully the guy running the event had enough sense to stop them. He held up his hand and said "Hold on. Where were you guys in the line?" They told him they were in the middle and as I walked by I said "Yeah right".  :evil:

I left bad about letting my own brother and nephew in with me and these 3 jokers wanted to cut in front of eveyone else. Man, some people really need to clue in. What the hell makes them think they are better than anyone else in line? At least the guy running it was cool enough to not let them get away with it.  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 09:01:28 PM »

anyone going the the starwars/joe/80's toy show in burlington on sunday?  anyone been to it before that can tell me what to expect?
Wherever you go, there you are.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 10:47:22 PM »

Nothing like the Joe Meet. (Not sure why it's called an expo?)

LOTS of Star Wars, some Joes, Some TFs.

I wouldn't call it an 80's show.... since there seems to be alot of 90's crap (and newer stuff - marvel legends, hot wheels, etc) at it.

Face it Brian, the only good shows left anymore are the Toronto ones. ;-)
Mike

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 09:18:26 PM »

depends on your definition of "good"....the last burlington toy show didn't have much that i was looking for, but i surprisingly found a mego general lee....sometimes it's a treasure hunt, sometimes it's by accident, but that's part of the reason i go.  i'll be there toomrrow, to see what i can see....

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 09:20:59 PM »

I guess I'm just fed up with shows being misrepresented and big entry fees to see the same things I can see at Walmart or TRU.

As for older stuff, I think I've grown tired of the "I can get "this much' for that on ebay".

Meh?.... I'm not going. I went to the Toronto show, had a blast, spent some money. I'm going to the next Toronto show as well. Admission is about the same, but there's a MUCH wider selection to pick from.
MIke

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2006, 03:23:48 PM »

Wierd,

There were a lot more joe dealers and TF dealers than Star Wars dealers this time. I picked up the De Aco parts that I was interested in, and fished out a mint incomplete worms, hot seat, astronaut and gyro viper out of a $1 bin. Also picked up the 90's fireflys that I army buildfor 4 for $10, but I accidently got the wrong color. oops. I passed on an incomplete Rolling thunder and a Bugg that were going for $8 each - I just don't have the space.    

I picked up an incomplete but decent stun for my daughter for $5 so she won't have to play with the mint complete one that I bought at the BHT closing. ;-) .

I saw the masterpiece prime with trailer. Man that thing is beautiful. Would that I could afford it and had the space to display it.  

Not exactly worth the $10 admission, but since they let my daughter in free, I'm not really complaining. For $10 at the door, I'm expecting some sort of events or speakers or games or something other than vendors. If there was something other than vendors, I missed it.  

- :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2006, 03:29:10 PM »

Also, Mike. Call or PM me next time you go up to the Toronto show. Maybe I'll be able to go up with you.

-  :chicken:

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 10:19:16 PM »

not bad at all!  thanks to steve, i picked up a complete tactical battle platform with a sweeeet box.  thanks to condor night, i got a great deal on a stinger driver and an iron grenadier (anyone got a decent sword for that bad boy?) plus he hooked me up with a leg for a flak that is now complete (thanks to BHT's alleyway pick up section) AND I FINALLY got my V2 snake eyes, which completes 1985 for me.  all in all, this was a good show...if i had have had more coin, steve would have been a richer man today....the stuff he had out was incredible!  greek and deadshot are going to come down like thunderdome with this collection...two enter...one leave!  also...i'm with raps...let me know the next time you're going to the t-dot mike...i've never been to a toronto show, and would like to see what's up ...

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Local Southern Ontario Toyshows
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 07:49:26 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
Also, Mike. Call or PM me next time you go up to the Toronto show. Maybe I'll be able to go up with you.

:chicken:

I'm into that as well. I'd like to go to the next TO show.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »

Hey Guys, there's a Toy Show here in Hamilton tomorrow.

MICHELANGELO BANQUET CENTRE
1555 UPPER OTTAWA ST.
HAMILTON
10 A.M. TO 3 P.M.
ADMISSION $2

I wasn't impressed at the last one, but I do need some Countdown arms. ;-)

The 'Saturday Morning Posse' are making me go. (Walt & Shu-V).

The stuff I'm looking for you just don't find at these small shows - and if you do, the seller usually thinks it's worth much more than it really is.

Oh.... I should take some flyers for the Joe Meet as well. ;-)
Mike

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2007, 10:54:13 PM »

Why do i feel like that was a hint?
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 12:25:49 AM »

Damn, had I known about this (and well enough to leave the house today,  :P ) I'd have come out. Going to morning toyshows with my daughter is quickly beoming part of my "parenting identity."  ;D

:chicken: