JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Canadian Joe Toy Expo - May 29th in Burlington Ontario  (Read 8645 times)

Anonymous

Canadian Joe Toy Expo - May 29th in Burlington Ontario
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »

Personally I like the idea of variety, this way dealers can carry Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, He-Man and other lines from the 80s.  Allows the smaller dealers to setup with hard to find items where it may not have been feasible for them to do so otherwise because now they will be able to sell to a larger range of collectors.  $10 for passes is actually quite reasonable compared to shows like the Canadian National Expo that have tons of dealers but hardly any dealers that carry the previously mentioned lines and actually is the same cost as some of the Toronto toy shows I've attended that had hardly anything Joe related.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 03:00:28 PM »

Quote from: ""OntarioToyShows.com""
Personally I like the idea of variety, this way dealers can carry Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, He-Man and other lines from the 80s.  Allows the smaller dealers to setup with hard to find items where it may not have been feasible for them to do so otherwise because now they will be able to sell to a larger range of collectors.  $10 for passes is actually quite reasonable compared to shows like the Canadian National Expo that have tons of dealers but hardly any dealers that carry the previously mentioned lines and actually is the same cost as some of the Toronto toy shows I've attended that had hardly anything Joe related.

Colin, I'm not trying to say anything bad about your Joe, Star Wars, or Transformers expos at all, so please don't read anything into it.

I enjoyed the Star Wars one last year.... mind you, I preferred the price I paid that time as well! :lol:

I'm sure it's going to be a great show, and I personally don't have a problem with the $10.00 tag. It's just that some folks are going on 'flyer info only', and the flyers (at least the ones you dropped off here for your 'expos') doesn't have a price for admission on it anywhere.
Mike

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 04:15:09 PM »

See you there Mike, are you still wanting to sponsor the show?  We can never have enough door prizes.  :thumbsup:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 06:54:04 PM »

I have about 10 or 15 Star Wars Trilogy posters I could donate. :-)
I'll bring them with me.
Mike

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 02:01:45 AM »

I honestly wasn't that impressed. It was one hall of dealers, and another hall with a magic tourney in it. One room (with no one in it) had star wars playing.

I happily spent my money at the vendors, but there really wasn't anything there besides the vendors and door prizes. I'm not sure what I was expecting for my $10, but I think that they could have had some speakers or something to make it a little more interesting.

I bought a pile of good deals from Realboss, and some good things elsewhere. I picked up the toyfare SE/Scarlett set MOC for $10 and a Sandviper spytroops 2 pack MOC for $2. I also picked up a bunch of incomplete army builders and rit dye volunteers for 2-3 bucks each.

My only bad deal was a straight arm hawk for $4 with a broken elastic and a rusted screw which will prevent me from replacing it. :(    

The best part was watching Mike buy stuff for his own collection. he's absolutely obsessive, and it's really funny to watch. :lol:

- Raps
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 11:06:39 AM »

Quote from: ""Raptor""
My only bad deal was a straight arm hawk for $4 with a broken elastic and a rusted screw which will prevent me from replacing it. :(    

The best part was watching Mike buy stuff for his own collection. he's absolutely obsessive, and it's really funny to watch. :lol: It was a mastercard moment.    

As for the expo in general, it's just felt like a toy convention in my books.  I only ended up getting some joe vehicle parts, 6 incomplete WORMS and the biggest need off my want list knocked off for a buck (a unbroken Tiger Rat landing gear).  

Where was Bryce?  I didn't see him.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Colonel Abernathy

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/sabulicious
good haul
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2005, 02:30:48 PM »

it was my first toy collectors expo and while it seemed a little small to me, it was still fun to go.  I got a Cobra Infantry 6-pack (which I have wanted for over a year now), an 83 Gung Ho, 84 Spirit, Buzzer, Torch, a carded Chinese Lifeline, a Wave Crusher, 2002 Destro's Dominator, and a boxed Man-O-War (these last 3 I got for $5 a piece from that table in the middle of the room, across from the Fort Max guy).  I also got a Predaking reissue and the red Night Adder.  Basically I spent a month's rent in less than an hour and I'm hoping my food supply lasts til Friday :lol:
Sabu

Check out my music:

www.myspace.com/sabuthejungleboy

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2005, 09:28:31 AM »

The best part was watching Mike buy stuff for his own collection. he's absolutely obsessive, and it's really funny to watch. :lol: It was a mastercard moment.    

:shifty:

A guy I did a HUGE favor for annoyed the hell out of me.... he had one thing I wanted, and finally came down on his price on it. He ended up giving it to me with the phrase "You better toss me some damn good deals".  :shock:

I honestly don't even want it in my collection now.

I have his mailing address, so I'm going to send it to him this week.

It's a tough item to find, but I don't need that cloud looming over my toy room when I look at it.

See? Anal about the condition of items, AND how I get them. :lol:
Mike

PS - Bryce was NOT there. I looked EVERYWHERE for him as I was supposed to pick up some stuff from him.... Word of advice Raps, back off the Rit Dye for awhile - I think the fumes are starting to get to you!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2005, 09:10:38 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""
PS - Bryce was NOT there. I looked EVERYWHERE for him as I was supposed to pick up some stuff from him.... Word of advice Raps, back off the Rit Dye for awhile - I think the fumes are starting to get to you!

Aw crap, I'm getting codenames mixed up again. Who was it that was there that I was buying from. (It was the booth that Pete and I were watching mike buy stuff at.

- Raps

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2005, 09:30:51 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""

Aw crap, I'm getting codenames mixed up again. Who was it that was there that I was buying from. (It was the booth that Pete and I were watching mike buy stuff at.

- Raps

Hal (Condor Knight)
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2005, 10:43:22 AM »

Hmmmm, sounds like I should go if there is one next year. Problem is money. I spent a bunch at our Joe meet and I have take get some US dollars for Dead shot so I don't have the cash to spare. Besides, I gotta get my "E" test done on my car this year a renew my plate stickers.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2005, 11:14:17 AM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
Hal (Condor Knight)

Oh bloody hell. Sorry Hal, I got you confused. But then that pays you back for selling me that gimped Hawk :shifty: