JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: MC Cobra's Most Wanted: Mercenaries - Mercer posted  (Read 3365 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
MC Cobra's Most Wanted: Mercenaries - Mercer posted
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:30:47 AM »

The choce of parts isn't bad.  But I really don't like the white deco on Vanilla Ice.  It just sticks out too much for my liking.  

Crap, crap baby dun dun da da dun......................
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 07:50:10 PM »

Mold looks good, but the colors don't do it for me. Better then the original for sure, but not as nice as they could be. They look like pads on jeans and sweater vests rather than experimental suits of armor. They don't flow right.

-   :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 08:17:53 PM »

Quote from: ""Raptor""
Better then the original for sure,.

Say what? I loved the original version. The whole based on the Viper mold worked so well I thought.

As for the new Mercer, it might grow on me once it's side by side with the rest of the team.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:15:41 PM »

why is he holding his left weapon by the clip?

I agree, he looks more like he has pads on his jeans than an experimental suit of armor
Say no to AFA.

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2006, 11:59:16 PM »

Can anyone identify the torso and legs?

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 07:58:54 AM »

Figure ain't bad, but man do I hate the way they paint the eyes these days. Same thing with the Night Force pack... colours were fine, eyes were creepy.

General Hawk

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 08:16:04 AM »

Quote from: ""Agent_Loop""
Can anyone identify the torso and legs?

Mega Marines Clutch.

Long live the Mega Marines!

Justin

General Hawk

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:18:33 AM »

By the way...

I find myself warming up to this figure more and more...if the camouflage ends up somewhat darker, I think I will REALLY like the figure.  A lot of folks don't like the fleshtone, but I much prefer this flesh color over the pasty white zombie-flesh of the 2001-2002 releases.

The original headsculpt is pretty neat, and I LOVE the mold.  Only issue to me is the colors, and I'm hoping they end up a little more muted in the final version.

Justin

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2006, 09:07:12 AM »

Quote from: ""morgardee""
Quote from: ""Raptor""
Better then the original for sure,.

\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2006, 10:37:05 AM »

What I like:

The new headsculpt works for me. Instantly reminded me of Mercer with a hint more personality than v1.

The parts are different. Without the sleeves, that torso looks like well padded flak vest. The pouches and belt are very well detailed, and the shin guards look like effective and light equipment for rushing through underbrush.

What I dislike:

That is a Mega-Marines torso. That means there's a big number on the back, in this case a 2. It's hidden by the backpack, but I doubt MC put the money into modifying the mold, especially after casting a new head. As it is, I've justified Mirage's number by saying he lost a toe when he dropped a knife and overcame it by making the number his trademark. But why would the three Renegades have the number 2 on their back?

The colours: I don't dislike the colours as much as many others, but I object to Mercer and Red Dog having the exact same colour scheme and Taurus being the odd man out. They don't look like Renegades if they're dressed the same.

I'm still looking forward to owning these guys. They aren't perfect, but I am happy with them.
Updated!

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »

Quote from: ""Scramble""
What I like:

The new headsculpt works for me. Instantly reminded me of Mercer with a hint more personality than v1.

The parts are different. Without the sleeves, that torso looks like well padded flak vest. The pouches and belt are very well detailed, and the shin guards look like effective and light equipment for rushing through underbrush.

I know a lot of people are saying that it's a new head sculpt, but I think it's actually a recast of version 1 with more defining details, similar to the iron grenadier head from last year's con set. It looks very different because the skin tone/plastic is a different shade and the white of the eyes are painted.

Everything that has the white camo is supposed to be "armor", which to me looks a little wierd.

Quote from: ""Scramble""
What I dislike:

That is a Mega-Marines torso. That means there's a big number on the back, in this case a 2. It's hidden by the backpack, but I doubt MC put the money into modifying the mold, especially after casting a new head. As it is, I've justified Mirage's number by saying he lost a toe when he dropped a knife and overcame it by making the number his trademark. But why would the three Renegades have the number 2 on their back?

The colours: I don't dislike the colours as much as many others, but I object to Mercer and Red Dog having the exact same colour scheme and Taurus being the odd man out. They don't look like Renegades if they're dressed the same.

I'm still looking forward to owning these guys. They aren't perfect, but I am happy with them.

Actually scrams, you're wrong about both the torso and the number. Blast Off has the 2 on his front torso, and was used to make Dragonsky at last year's con. However, Dragonsky used Star Brigade Duke's chest.

The renegades are using Clutch's chest, waist, and legs. There is a number 3, but it's on the right upper leg on the armor and not on the torso. The 3 isn't annoying, if you notice that there are 3 renegades. So it kind of fits in, either purposely or coincidents from MC. Clutch also had a 3 on his hat, but since his head isn't being used there isn't a 3 anywhere else.

As for the colors, the armor camo looks too light in contrast to the blue and don't mesh well together. It was also cool of MC to include an orange collar and blue pants to match the original Mercer, and they probably did the same with the other 2 renegades.

Because last year's set was so awesome (to me at least), it makes this year's set look...let's just say...not as good.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2006, 06:50:36 PM »

I'll be. I can be wrong. Well, a three makes much more sense. Thanks for pointing that out, Madman.
Updated!