JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Retaliation Figures are here!  (Read 13806 times)

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Retaliation Figures are here!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2012, 08:13:30 AM »

Walmart in Orillia got Wave 1 figures and the Snake Eyes play mask.  $10.77 for the figures.  No vehicles. 

The Cobra Commander they had was the black version.   :(

I am looking for the blue version.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2013, 09:10:58 AM »

Last night I saw my first new item from the next wave of Retaliation figures.

Walmart in South End of Barrie had the pull back motorcycle with Flint.  The head sculpt looks Ok, but the rest of the figure is poor.  They had 3 on the shelf, with 3 of the Snake Eyes motorcycles. 

The price wasn't listed, and I have no interest in buying it, but it looks like we will start seeing new G.I. Joe very soon.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 02:46:59 PM »

Last night I saw my first new item from the next wave of Retaliation figures.

Walmart in South End of Barrie had the pull back motorcycle with Flint.  The head sculpt looks Ok, but the rest of the figure is poor.  They had 3 on the shelf, with 3 of the Snake Eyes motorcycles. 

The price wasn't listed, and I have no interest in buying it, but it looks like we will start seeing new G.I. Joe very soon.

$14.92.  I saw it at Walmart in Toronto the other day along with what I can only assume was a brand new case of figures.  Wave 1 that we have already seen of course.  The other new thing I saw was the role play Nun-chuks.  They might have been a good idea if they weren't so small, I mean they would be small even for a kid.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 02:10:40 PM »

Ok, finally some new stuff.

TRU:

Hurontario/Eglinton - GI Joe Kreo (CP Alpha, Boat w/Moccasin, Ninja Temple)

Sherway - No Kreo, but they did have wave 2 of the 3-packs (Firefly/SS/Trooper, SE/Mouse/Airborne).  Unfortunately they were priced at $32.99 so I'll wait for a sale.

Cedarbrae - Kreo (Ninja Temple, CP Alpha, Boat w/Moccasin, Tactical Platform, Dragonfly, Serpent Armor)

Victoria Park/Lawrence - Kreo (Ninja Temple, CP Alpha, Tactical Platform, Blue Cobra APC type vehicle, Dragonfly, Serpent Armor)

No sign of the blind packs unfortunately, but hopefully soon.  Picked up the Ninja Temple, Tactical Platform and Check Point Alpha.  Can't wait to open the first two, but I already opened CP Alpha and can safely say: "HOMERUN!!!!!!!!!!!!"  A really awesome set and great figures.

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 08:47:53 PM »

The three packs showing up is encouraging. I may even bite at that price. I'll check Dufferin Mall soon. Thanks for the report Canprime!

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:29 AM »

Not figures this time, but I found the Ninja Combat Cruiser at TRU Victoria Park/Lawrence for $24.99

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 12:28:06 PM »

I got a Ninja Combat Cruiser a couple of weeks ago.  Really wanted one after I saw Morgadee's at last years CanJoeCon.  Was just at TRU in St. Cathartines last night and they had the new 3-packs but the figures were wave 1 unless someone already picked through the new figs.

they also had the TRU exclusive GI Joe Kre-o display up but no Kre-o's.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2013, 11:38:22 AM »

I picked up 2 Kre-o sets yesterday, the Checkpoint Alpha set and Serpent Armor Strike set.

The Serpent Armor set looks bigger on the front of the box then it is once you put it all together.

Both sets are alright at best. Not worth the price. Maybe I'm too use to buying Halo and Transformers Kre-o on discount from closing Zellers stores.

The funny thing is the Thunderwave Jet Boat set. It's the same boat as the Battleship boat for the most part. The base is the same with some modifications the the top. As it stands right now I finally opened the Battleship boat I bought weeks ago and Dalton and I are putting it together.

I think the biggest fault with this set is going to be the lack of connection to the original vehicles. Double Clutch comes with a jeep but it's not the Vamp, and it should be. I've got Halo jeeps that more like the Vamp then this jeep.

Really they should have started off with the Hiss Tank and a true Vamp to get more people on board. As it stands right now these look more like Battleship leftovers.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Laird

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 09:53:20 PM »

Dufferin Mall has the wave 2 - 3 Packs. They are on a small display in the middle of a main aisle. I almost missed them. No sign of new single packs, ugh. They seem to have limited shelf space for Joe, maybe they are waiting for those to sell first. It's going to be a long wait.

Lots of Kreo.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2013, 01:15:26 PM »

Went to the new Target that opened at East York Towncentre today.  FOUND SOME NEW STUFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trooper Role Play mask - $9.99
Tread Ripper - $16.99
Wave 2 single figures - $10.99 (on sale for $9.97)  (That's Flint, Green Firefly w/sled, SE, SS, and Roadblock)
Microforce multipacks and single packs (didn't check price)

and......not new but.....

Wave 2 of the 3-packs (Ultimate Firefly set and Mouse set) for $22.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  $10 cheaper that TRU!!!!!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2013, 05:53:55 PM »

I hit the new Target in Cambridge today. I picked up the 2 new three packs and a Flint and a Firefly set. I didn't know Firefly came with transparent arms that light up when he's on his sled. As far as gimmicks go it's pretty fun.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.