JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: It's the most wonderful time of the year: Samko/Miko  (Read 9926 times)

beekerzz24

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
It's the most wonderful time of the year: Samko/Miko
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2006, 06:57:33 PM »

Went to Miko today. Nothing there except a few 12" figures. I talked to the one guy there and he said they were all sold out of Joe stuff. I never made it to Samco, but the Pro Bass Shop was great, so the trip was'nt a complete waste of time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 09:53:47 PM »

Check today at the Richmond Hill location as I had some office ass kissing function to attend to in the area.  They have no GI JOE stuff.  So that ends this year's search for me.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2006, 09:37:06 AM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
Check today at the Richmond Hill location as I had some office ass kissing function to attend to in the area.  They have no GI JOE stuff.  So that ends this year's search for me.

Yep, Samco hasn't gotten any new deliveries from Hasbro, and didn't anticipate any new ones. If you call them, ask for Stinky - He's the man in the know.

I got Bazooka/Torch for $3 and a bunch of bat 2 packs, so I really shouldn't complain.

The other things that may interest people are the Enterprise bridge figures that include a really cool computer bank for $10, and some cool 1:18/1:17 scale clothing on some pirates clearing out at $1 for 3 figures.

The jacket fits nicely on PTE figures, and can be dyed to whatever color you wish (As long as its green, black or brown) :lol:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 01:35:22 PM »

Do you think Hasbro Canada clued in that sending in relatively new figures to the warehouse was hurting their sales towards adult collectors?

Who am I kidding? Hasbro Canada doesn't pay attention to any collectors, never mind the adults!

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2006, 08:39:04 PM »

I was just at Samko on Dufferin tonight, and the only thing I saw was Hiss IV's for $10.
No figures.
I only ended up picking up some stuff for my kids and zip for me.
I always hoped I would find a stash of figures that didn't make a big appearnce in Canada - like Joes and Hulk/X-Men classic figures.

Toy Companies are really strange - my prediciton is next year there will be a massive amount of Superman figures, YuGioh and DragonBall Z.

I did notice they had some Brat's playsets that work in the same scale as Joe, but since I am having a space problem as it is, I wasn't about to by more - extra surplus for Dio's

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2006, 09:58:18 PM »

Quote from: ""akpayne""
I did notice they had some Brat's playsets that work in the same scale as Joe, but since I am having a space problem as it is, I wasn't about to by more - extra surplus for Dio's

Just because I don't have the store anymore doesn't mean I'm not still interested in your vintage Star Wars there Aaron. :-)
Mike

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2006, 11:35:40 AM »

Sorry, I don't need to make room for some Bratz toys, at least not bad enough to unload my SW items.
The day I do, Mike, you will be the first to know.