JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: What happened?  (Read 16052 times)

AlleyViper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
What happened?
« on: April 09, 2006, 04:05:04 PM »

Ok, what happened at the meet?? Pictures? And more importantly who has an extra Black Ice they want to sell? :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
mmmm...... \":timbits:\"

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »

Yeah, will anyone be posting pictures and sharing stories from the meet? I'm still ?ber-pissed I missed it.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
What happened?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 06:16:15 PM »

I think we're all still recovering from it. ;-)

I was going to do a write up, but thought since I organized it - someone else should sing it's praises (or downfalls!).

I know I didn't get home until about 11:50 last night...... I can only imagine how late Loop got home....

I know Viperlord is back home already, and Beav should be home soon...

For those interested, Raptor won the Joe Wrestling tournament.......... and that wasn't the only shock of the night!
Mike

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »

Quote from: ""BHT""

I know I didn't get home until about 11:50 last night......

By the time I dropped Beav off, it was damn near 1am when I got to bed.

Then was up at 5:15 to get Viperlord to Raptor's place for 6 so he could get to the airport..

...but it was all worth it  :thumbsup:
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 08:05:11 PM »

Quote from: ""Damed Viper""

Then was up at 5:15 to get Viperlord to Raptor's place for 6 so he could get to the airport..

...but it was all worth it  :thumbsup:

Ed's too nice to say that he was at my place for 6 to wake me up to take VL to the airport. ;-)

And it was indeed all worth it.

-  :chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »

Congrats to Raps for the the big stomping he dished out. :thumbsup:   Maybe next year I'll have the courage to step into the electronic squared circle to be schooled.
The meet was great and the custom figs. were cool especially the BlackIce.  Lots of action force this year which was neat to see.  I didn't last as late as the other folks-P-wipped by wife.  She was pissed she had to work and not attend, so only so much fun allowed for me even though she has yet to come to one.
It was great to see old faces and meet some new ones.  And lets not forget  :timbits:  Thanks Mike for organizing another great meet.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:21:41 PM by Guest »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

beav

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pettifogging.com
What happened?
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 10:20:37 PM »

I'll have pics up either tomorrow or Tuesday.  Had a 100% blast and have promised myself that I'll never miss another of these.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
What happened?
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »

It was good seeing you guys again. It had been 2 years since I'd seen most of you. While 2004 was a little overwhelming for me, I think I did a better job putting names to faces this year. I'm looking forward to 2007!!!

There were many impressive customs and it was cool seeing Loop's mall in person. I wish I had gotten a closer look at Raptor's superhero team.

The wrestling was lots of fun. I'm glad I had a chance to try out my custom wrestler against real human opponents - which I don't normally get to do. While Raptor has the trophy, I think we all know who the real @$$whupper of the night was. How's your tush, Scramble?

A big thank you to BHT for organizing the event. I imagine he spent more time putting this event together than most of us realize and for that we are grateful!

I have my Black Ice figure standing on my shelf. Clad entirely in black he is indeed Cobra's answer to Snake Eyes.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 10:57:24 AM »

Quote from: ""Jon S.""
How's your tush, Scramble?

Firm to the touch, stunning from across the room.

Oh, wait, because you kept spanking me? Yeah, once is embarrassing, twice is kinky, but three times? You're just obsessed.

I think this was the best year yet. New faces meant new people to use old jokes on. I got to see a bunch of people I consider close friends even though we're only face-to-face once a year, and I filled some holes in my collection, two of the biggest holes I filled for free (thank you Loop and Pete).

The wrestling tournament was a blast. Being a finalist would be more prestigious if the winner wasn't the least experienced player in the room.  :D  Seeing how Mike and Charles set their toys up was inspirational. Not technically part of the Meet, but still part of why I make the trip down every year.

My only disappointment was no TCG. But Viperlord and Deadshot picked up my spare boosters so maybe I can rekindle interest in play-by-post games again.

How do these Meets keep getting better?
Updated!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
What happened?
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »

This was indeed the best Joe Can meet ever! It was as great as the Florida convention, both having a high "fun, friendly" level.
Wrestling was a blast! It was just awesome to be in the final four with Ryan, Charles, and Jon, especially in our fatal four way match where Charles and I went in reversal after reversal like an Eddie and Benoit match. It may have come to a surprise that Charles came out the winner, but seeing how he dished it out with everyone, he really worked hard for it. Another great moment was Rap's baseball slide following with a dive out to ringside.
Meets are great, especially when there's cheap deals and free stuff! My summer project is to customize the 95% complete Tactical Platform I got from Hal and Ed.
The dinner part was something I was really looking forward to because it was a chance for everyone to sit down at one huge table and really get to mingle. Mike, red sauce on chicken wings means hot! Hahahahahaha!
I can't wait for next year's!

beav

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pettifogging.com
What happened?
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 10:51:26 PM »

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
What happened?
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2006, 12:23:32 AM »

Been to all four joecanuck meets and this one tops it.  Good to see the usual gang of characters like Ed, Bryce, Dave, Charles, Ryan, Tina, Jason, Jon, Mike, Pete, Hal, Radio Guy, Steve etc. and some new blood like Brad, Andrew, Richard and Jamie.

I really had no intentions of buying anything until I saw that VTOL.  Dam you Damed Viper lol. It was one of the two vehicles that were high on my list.  Pick up a couple of other miscellaneous items.

To my shock, I didn't expect the 25 + Steelers and General Flaggs I brought to disappear in a minute.  Usually, Raptor looks forward to raiding my freebies.  Looks like he has some competition going forward.   At least it wasn't any more foreign figures.  Apparently, my freebies last year gave the foreign collecting bug to two others.

As for the wrestling, I sucked playing the game big time. No loss.  I still maintain the fix was in.  No way I would have bet Charles (separated at birth from Mick Foley) to win it all. Beginners luck or shark.  :shifty:

At least I am not feeling the after effect of those pepperoni sticks this year.  Those hot ones slowed down my appetite.  

The only thing from the post dinner that bugged me was the joint had no Stella. WTF.

Thanks to Mike for organizing the event.  Black Ice is one hell of a custom.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67