JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Shiver auction,...so it begins...  (Read 13353 times)

night force cynic

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Shiver auction,...so it begins...
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 10:38:27 PM »

Where o where would our hobby be without scalp-happy dirtbags to plague it?   >:(   

Too bad there's no grounds to complain and try to get the auction yanked.   There just HAS TO be someone who's just looking to capitalize on stuff, doesn' there!?   Pisses me off.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Redskull

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2007, 11:00:27 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
Probably the same jerk that took all of Viperlords free box of figures.  There were younge children there that should of had first pick and got nothing.

There was a free box of figures? wow, didnt even know about that.
If only you could see the world the way I see it, if only you could see the world through my eyes.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 12:06:52 AM »

Auction over, it's been 'taken care' of.   :shifty:

I knew who had it as we have the list of people that got them.

That's all I'm willing to say right now. I may post more later, but I have a ton of PM's and emails to get back to first. ;-)
Mike

ViperDave

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 12:31:33 AM »

Damn, the auction & the figure box fiasco's way messed up. Good to know that atleast the auction got taken care of. Kind of got an idea who it might've been. :(

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 12:50:18 AM »

I know who it was and spoke to him on the phone tonight.

I'm not 'outing' the guy, so please don't ask.
;-)

VEGA1

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 02:27:43 AM »

You know I would have bought it from him if he was still selling it but I think the next time you do this again you should take a picture of each person with the figure and a sign letter stating that he has no right in selling, trading or copying this figure without your knowing about it or there will be legal problems with the maker of this product. :cobra:
VEGA~1:cobra:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 09:39:36 AM »

Quote from: "VEGA1"
You know I would have bought it from him if he was still selling it but I think the next time you do this again you should take a picture of each person with the figure and a sign letter stating that he has no right in selling, trading or copying this figure without your knowing about it or there will be legal problems with the maker of this product. :cobra:

That would be 'too much'.

Next year however, each person will HAVE To show photo Id and register for the figure.
Even if you just walked in the door and buy one.

No one will get one unless we know who has which one.

They can do whatever they want with the figure - as can you guys.
But if we have the names of people that buy them to sell them - we can prevent selling to them (or anyone at that address) the following year.

VEGA1

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 03:19:55 PM »

That's a better idea. Well I see it went very good up there for you guys and you had a guy from down under show up too.  8)Cool! X posted some pictures of you guys. It looks like you guys had a lot of fun I'm sorry I missed it. :(
VEGA~1:cobra:

Cobra Freak

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2007, 05:59:26 PM »

hey Mike I'll get my pics to soon.

Cobra Freak ;D

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:43 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Next year however, each person will HAVE To show photo Id and register for the figure.
Even if you just walked in the door and buy one.
No one will get one unless we know who has which one.
They can do whatever they want with the figure - as can you guys.
But if we have the names of people that buy them to sell them - we can prevent selling to them (or anyone at that address) the following year.

Good idea.  Shame it had to come to that though.
I think I'd pay to hear the phone conversation that 'took care of' that auction though :wink:

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
I highly doubt is was the same person auctioning the Shiver figure and the free table early raid. There were there just to get the Shiver figure....at 9 AM.
Simply pathetic. 

No, no!  There were three of us who were early and helped set-up and stuff (all arriving separately) and we would have received 22-24.  The last few Shiver recipients would've been people who showed up right before the opening.  I won't speculate who that would be, but Latinjoe22 and I were amongst the earlybirds (was it that early  :) ) and we were all there in the true spirit of things! 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 10:28:34 PM by grunt 4 mvp »
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2007, 11:27:44 PM »

I was the second one to be in line. I got there at 9:30AM about. I got there early simply because my bus connections all the way from Montreal allowed me to be there for that time and nothing else. Me, Grunt and our friend Christopher with his two kids were having a good time chatting about our joe childhood and I can tell you that the Shiver figure was the least in our minds. In fact, If the Mike recalls I emailed him days before the show to ask him if we would all be garanteed a Shiver figure. He openly told me that the figure should not be the reason for us to come to the show. I understood this, same as a lot of us but I still came with no room for regrets. I spent as much time as others at the freebie section but I don't see how anyone could've raided it. If someone saw something, then those persons should've using their power of reasoning to solve these matters person to person instead of speculating on the forums when it's pass?. So please don't go generalizing either, because like it or not, I feel like I could be mistargeted beeing there very early and spending a good deal at the freebie table. Anyhow, to discard all doubt: my number was originally 24 but Christopher was kind enough to trade me mine for his 22, which is my lucky number! So why would I sell my luck may I ask to you?   ::)And yes, I will be coming next year - you can count on it!  :)And I hope to talk more with the ones I didn't get to speak to.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 11:30:12 PM by latinjoe22 »
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2007, 11:32:48 PM »

I know who took the box of figures, 3 different people have emailed me to tell me which DEALER it was.

I'm waiting to hear back from him and his friend.

It's not a cool thing they did - there were a TON of kids there, and I'm sure they would of loved to get a free MOC joe figure.

People that pull that type of crap really piss me off.

If I don't hear from him tomorrow, I'll gladly 'out' him to you all.
Mike