JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Meet 2008 : Thoughts and Comments!  (Read 31828 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Joe Meet 2008 : Thoughts and Comments!
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2008, 11:36:25 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Quote from: "Beamer3131"
What did Hasbro Canada have to say regarding answering the questions?  Has someone posted these yet?

I know it was being taped for video by Dave.

Yep. It may be a few days before it is online, but we'll have it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 11:38:05 PM »

I have too much stuff to put away right now to go into full detail, but I thought this was a grand convention. I love getting to meet new fans every year and seeing old friends.

By the way Pete

Updated!

Devilfish

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Re: got back from the best meet ever. w/ pic heavy
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »

Quote from: "xhairs"
i just wanted to say thanks to everyone who put this meet together and all the cool ppl i meet this yr. it was a blast and i will see you all agin next yr. here are the pics i took

Much like the boards, Devilfish lurks in the background of the pic's!

Awsome con, just wish I had the chance to meet more people, that and see xhairs manhug Mike!  Next year I'm putting 24 doughnuts on him!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 11:54:50 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
I have too much stuff to put away right now to go into full detail, but I thought this was a grand convention. I love getting to meet new fans every year and seeing old friends.

By the way Pete

Your pure Sigma Six evil.   :shifty:
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 10:55:57 AM »

Video is coming in the next few days. Keep checking back.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 01:30:35 PM »

well do and man it was a blast i cant wait to see what mike and the crew have instore for us next yr.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 11:03:39 PM »

It's funny you say that Xhairs..... 'cause we started planning it a few weeks ago!  :lol:

I did get to pick up a couple of items - but after looking at all this video footage today - there's a TON there I would of bought had I been able to actually CHECK OUT the dealers tables!  :lol:

Expect the 1st video within 24 hours! Now lets hear some great stories about your adventures getting to the Canadian Joe Meet and what you did all day!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 11:11:14 PM by Anonymous »

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 11:36:42 PM »

man i was just saying it would be that. its sad but great thing. if hasbro will be there every yr its a great thing for you guys to get all the figs that we get hear with our card art.

the road trip was fine and the hotel was great. we went to dinner at jackasters and i got a free dinner as they messed up my order lol.the meet was great i wish i could talk to more ppl but there was so much to do . for the ones i did it was a great time.as rap said  i will be there every yr.if not he will kick my but lol.

cant wait for next yr and i hope the weather is as nice as this yrs was.
X
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

commandermindbender

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 12:26:45 AM »

My first post here (although I've been lurking ever since I knew I was going to set up there).
Thanks so much Mike, the show was amazing and I had a great time!  I can't believe all the great stuff available, I honestly wish I wasn't set up because I missed on so much I would have bought had I not had to man my table (although I will no doubt set up again next year).  There was just so much good stuff there and so many people just happy to be there--it totally sounds corny, but that's how I felt the buyers there felt.  I've set up at so many shows where the dealers just can't wait to start packing up, but I was doing so much buying and trading I wanted the day to go on and on.
Anyways, I'm rambling, glad to be here, great seeing alot of you again as well.
Jay 
I remember the day that we met, I needed something, you needed something tooooo, yah!

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 12:51:35 AM »

This was the best Joe Meet yet, but it was a "Meet" only in name.  Mike's right when he syas it's reached convention status.  

The first one I attended (the 2nd) had maybe 20 guys trading and talking about Joes.  This year it was well over 200 in attendance with over 30 dealers!  It's come a long way from the bowling alley basement :)

There were still traditional Joe Meet events...Joe Wrestling, The Customs Displays, and of course Pepperettes and Timbits. What elevated it to the next level, was the securing of guests like Hasbro Canada, Mark Bellomo and the amazing Larry Hama.  

We may not have liked all the answers Hasbro provided, but it's fantastic that they are now working with the Canadian Joe collecting community to address our concerns.  

I had the pleasure of speaking to Mark Bellomo a couple of times.  He is a walking GI Joe encyclopedia.  He autographed my Joe Guide, and shared some comics and toy related stories.

Mr. Larry Hama was incredible.  A smile for every person who came up to him with something to sign.  You could tell that he genuinely appreciates the respect that his fans have for him and does not take it for granted or allow it to go straight to his ego.  He was charming, personable, adn entertining.  I spent the better part of an hour talking to to him about his days as an actor on shows like MASH and Saturday Night Live, and heard some great stories about the comics industry.  A professional and a gentleman.

I just realized that I have not mentioned the toys.

There were TONS!!!

ARAH, 12 inch, 25th Anniversary, you name it, it was there!  It was also cool to see a nice variety of some non-joe toys.  I dropped about $200 bucks and was very happy with all my deals (I finally got my AVAC!!! 1986..DONE!!!!)

My favourite toy of the day?  SNOWBANK!!!  I got there early enough to score one and it was worth it.  Kudos to Mike, Loop and everyone for putting together such a great figure...again!  I also picked up the exclusive Timbit figure...(idea for next year, female Cobra Twins code named Double Double)

I know I'm rambling, and I'm gonna wrap it up by saying that I really enjoyed meeting some folks who travelled from the states, seeing the usual Joe Canuck alumni, and making some new friends in the collecting community.

Sad to see the Canadian Joe Meet dissappear, but can't wait until next year for the "First Annual Canadian GI Joe Convention"!!!

Thanks again to Mike, Ed, Raptor, Scramble, Loop and everyone else (I'm looking at you Denise, Sophia and Jen) who pitced in and made this the best Joe Meet yet!!!

If you haven't been to one yet, what the hell are you waiting for?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:20:21 PM by Radio Guy »
Wherever you go, there you are.

Hide Out

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 09:28:30 AM »

:( :'( I"m bummed I couldn't go but the stories of you guys having so much fun makes me want to turn time back and be there....

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 04:40:53 PM »

http://www.joecanuck.com/miva/merchant. ... _Code=CJM8

The (rough) Video is up!

It may take awhile to load, we're looking into a smaller/faster format to use without losing the quality.