JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2009 Con Sets  (Read 23260 times)

narceron

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Con Sets
« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »

agreed, :)

I figure I'll hold on to mine and if Xhairs decides he wants one, I'll sell it to him, :)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2009, 05:17:48 PM »

I think a big part of it is the fact that Comic Con just happened, and the U.S. JoeCon is about to happen.

I'm positive the demand is still there for these. It's just that people are using their money for other con items right now - and summer.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2009, 06:17:09 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
I think a big part of it is the fact that Comic Con just happened, and the U.S. JoeCon is about to happen.

I'm positive the demand is still there for these. It's just that people are using their money for other con items right now - and summer.

Obviously the sets are not in that big a demand, so feel free to send me your sets and I'll make sure they get a good home!!  :lol:

I think that Mike is partially right.  I also think that summer time is a big lull with people spending money on vacations and upcoming bills (back to school, etc).  Also, refund cheques are long gone now so splurging on extras is on the downslide.

I would watch more closely near Christmas when someone needs a killer present for their mate/friend/whatever.

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »

im holding mine for a long time yet, i love the set, and it is my first ever con exclusive, for any toy brand. i think ill take it out of the box and apply the stickers before i get rid of it :shifty:
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2009, 07:28:21 PM »

If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2009, 09:35:18 AM »

It does make me wary to see these as listed in C10 shape. They are custom figures after all, I am pretty sure that none of them qualify for C-10 even as they came out of our hands and were placed directly by Mike into the box.

It's nice to see the efforts appreciated, but anyone that tries to represent fan produced content as having the quality of factory produced content may be being a little misleading. We did our best, but we didn't have a factory.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2009, 09:45:33 AM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
It does make me wary to see these as listed in C10 shape. They are custom figures after all, I am pretty sure that none of them qualify for C-10 even as they came out of our hands and were placed directly by Mike into the box.

It's nice to see the efforts appreciated, but anyone that tries to represent fan produced content as having the quality of factory produced content may be being a little misleading. We did our best, but we didn't have a factory.

Depends on how you look at it. It's C-10 relative to the condition it was in when it was received.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2009, 10:05:57 AM »

But there had to be some machine work involved right?  I mean the HATE wasn't done by hand right?

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »

Quote from: "canprime"

But there had to be some machine work involved right?  I mean the HATE wasn't done by hand right?

Look at my chromed fingers and ask that question again!
Updated!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2009, 12:06:27 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"

Second, wow.  Great work, I look at my HATE and could swear it was done using a machine.   JUDOS!!!  (better than Kudos).

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"

Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2009, 02:03:20 PM »

Box - Factory Made
Foam Insert - Factory Made
Comic Book - Factory Made
Weapons - Factory Made
Stickers - Factory Made
Chroming of Tanks - Factory done.

Just sayin'.

And I wish Mark the best of luck in the sale of his con set. He purchased one just like everyone else and is free to do with it what he wants. I know the reason he's selling, so I personally hope it reaches the highest price yet for the set. ;-)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:05:20 PM by Anonymous »