JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Con Sets On E-Bay  (Read 63943 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Con Sets On E-Bay
« Reply #168 on: September 05, 2010, 11:52:23 PM »

Quote from: "olyeller01"
Quote from: "morgardee"
HissTank is not generally liked by most other G.I.Joe boards. They delete links to Joe Canuck if possible and want to always be the first when a story breaks. It's nothing against the members of that board, it's the guy who runs it. He doesn't play well with others and want to be the only game in town.

This isn't the first time I've heard negative things about that board.  If anything, they're just freaking jealous that members of THEIR board don't throw an awesome convention with incredible exclusives.

I bet they don't have an awesome reviewer, either  ;D :lol:

It's not the first time for me either that I hear bad feedback about their site, and it's not just from us here. Still, one can only try to focus on the positive side to everything.

Seriously man, a lot of times I am rather thankful that guys like you chose this site to post your awesome reviews and also make them part of our newsletter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

5h4rK

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2010, 12:37:08 AM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Thanks for the info, and now I know and knowing is...

... half the battle!  ;D

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 06, 2010, 07:36:22 AM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Thanks for the info, and now I know and knowing is...

... half the battle!  ;D
thanks for finishing my sentence  ;D
Lurking

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 06, 2010, 10:42:40 PM »

thanks for finishing my sentence  ;D

No problemo mr. bandonov!  ;D

5h4rK

• View Profile

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2011, 08:36:09 AM »

Quote from: "5h4rK"
Set #56 (2010) on eBay right now..
http://cgi.ebay.ca/Canadian-GI-Joe-Convention-Set-2010-Extra-G-I-Joe-SDCC-/360338138449?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item53e5d3a551

Damn, he put everything in that auction!  A complete set of trading cards and a SDCC Sgt Slaughter!  I wonder what that will end at?
Lurking

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »

Ya he keeps re-posting that one.  Some reason no ones bought it.  Maybe because there are only a couple people willing to pay that amount and they all ready bought them last year.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2011, 12:52:40 PM »

Quote from: "Realboss"
Ya he keeps re-posting that one.  Some reason no ones bought it.  Maybe because there are only a couple people willing to pay that amount and they all ready bought them last year.

It reminds menof that seller in Alberta (I think) who had a complete set of Night Force vehicles on EBay last year.  All were complete and loose except the Night Ray which was still sealed in bag with the box.  The auction ended at around $1,400 and it didn't meet the reserve.  Sure enough later he relisted a few times and never got that high again.  Then he broke them up and I think he sold the APC for around $150 and the same for a lot of the smaller vehicles and maggot.  The Night Ray keeps getting relisted from time to time, but I doubt the seller got even close to the original auctions total.

That's the big problem with collecting, especially Joes, the market is over valued by "retail" collectors and as such they over price/value items and sit on them for years in tue hopes they will someday meet their opinion of what their value should be. 

AFA I think really contributed to this mentality as well.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 14, 2011, 06:51:31 PM »

You totally hit the head on the nail Canprime.  There is a false sense when it comes to collectors toys as an investment or for monetary gain.  Don't get me wrong in some cases in the right circumstances, there can be a major payoff.  But very rarely.  It's too bad some collectors don't do their research on the current market or trends and rely on things like the Action Farce Association.  The same goes with anything really just look at the housing market and how ridiculous it can be.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 25, 2011, 08:31:03 AM »

There is a new set on ebay.  Number 87

http://cgi.ebay.com/2010-Canadian-GI-Joe-Con-Exclusive-Set-Bonuses-/110665329437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c42aeb1d

What made me laugh was his opinion of the Blue Snake....

*My Personal Take on the Exclusive Blue SNAKE Armor
So, a big deal was made over this particular item because it was limited to the first 50 people in line. They had video camera footage to confirm who actually belonged in the first 50 and who was trying to cheat their way into the exclusive group - serious business. I was incredibly grateful to have made the cut. Unfortunately, I was cheated by the Joe Con organizers exploited loyal fans and collectors; these "exclusives" were clearly garbage-bin, F-grade, defective molds that some evil genius decided to label as ultra-rare collector's items in order to make an easy buck. A figure of this quality wouldn't even pass QA standards in the dingiest, sweatiest, 3rd-world of 3rd-worlds toy factory. This is something that should never have been sold to anyone. My friend's had a cracked leg plate, and from what he told me, others voiced similar complaints. While mine does not appear to have any obvious faults, it is still not what I consider a nice figure. I do not believe that there exists a perfect version of this in the 50 made; every single one of these is inferior in quality to what we see on toy shelves at Wal-Mart.

This is why I'm counting it as a throw-in, not a bonus. The item is still collectible in nature due to extremely limited quantities and the controversy surrounding it, but it is, to be frank, a lousy figure. Luckily, the "less exclusive" boxed set is quite nice!
Lurking

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 25, 2011, 08:54:31 AM »

Wow, not the best sales pitch. 

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 25, 2011, 09:43:53 AM »

Quote from: "turner"
Wow, not the best sales pitch. 
Might as well have just said "Please buy it even though the SNAKE is crap".
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.