JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: A little help...what are these???  (Read 5673 times)

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
A little help...what are these???
« on: October 01, 2005, 08:40:46 PM »

I have two accessories that I would say are variations...but maybe someone can correct me!?

First off I have a Deep Six V2 backpack in light brown (like a Tiger force bazooka helmet in color).

Second I have a set of skies that are Blizzards but are baby blue in color.

Both items are not painted and not died...they are molded in these colors...!!! This is an easy bet as the original accessoires come in black.

I could not see these variations in the WHOBIT section...who can help???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:22:27 PM »

Might be from bootlegs? I heard Chap Mei sometimes reuses GIJoe gear.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 01:01:03 AM »

Smell like Street Fighter accessories. I got the same baby blue ski accessories from a loose version of this.

http://www.yojoe.com/archive/actfig/sf/ ... carded.jpg

And if you can find anything on yojoe.com...good luck.  All they are worried about is sponsor updates.  The site has lost it touch a long time ago.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 03:17:38 AM »

Quote from: ""Pete The Greek""
And if you can find anything on yojoe.com...good luck.  All they are worried about is sponsor updates.  The site has lost it touch a long time ago.

Tell me about it. They've become unable to work hard in any way with parts reuse... Everything there is half-assed now. WHOBIT hasn't been updated in years, it seems... they don't bother with keeping track of body parts, and they don't even bother informing us of anything outside the line. Find a headless SEAL Guile and don't know it's from Street Fighter? Good luck knowing where to look, ya sucker!  :shifty:

And what's with that new "All geared up!" feature? Seems like just an excuse to say "Hey look, we're still doing stuff!"..
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 09:33:06 AM »

Quote from: ""Jin""
And what's with that new "All geared up!" feature? Seems like just an excuse to say "Hey look, we're still doing stuff!"..

That's Jeff Bohn's work. They don't let him do anything else, but he did want to keep doing something to keep the site getting better. I like that feature, as it gives me a better idea of what the fig is going to look like in my collection, and sometimes how the blasted parts fit together. ;-)

Yojoe's gone through so much reorg there it's insane, and honestly the only real pull to the site is still the work that Jeff and Eugene did so long ago. No idea if it'll get better or not, but Airtight from Joecustoms is coming up with a pretty comprehensive alternative.

- Raps
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2005, 12:10:10 PM »

Thanks Pete that is them....!!! I would like to collect that line next?anyone have then complete and so on? I have the other set of street fighters but none of the movie editions?..

I wish YoJoe would reduce the message board size...half those topics and categories are silly...like the TCG section...why do they still have that...many sections could go or be combined. If they did reduce the size of the message board it would be a lot easier to post and surf the sections?some sections go several days with no posts. I think this would free up and reduce the mods...and use those types of people with free time on there hands to work on the board archive.

Also I have been saying this for a long time....there are three series of 3&3/4 Joes. Vintage, 97/98/2000 and then the new sculpts. I wish they would break them down like that. I think then the only section that would need updated are the new stuff...the old vintage archive would only need to be updated sparingly with links to new items that are remolded and so on. I think if they did this then alot more work could be done alot easier. Right now it is so screwed up with new sculpts mixed in with the old stuff that looking up anything is a real choir (not easy like they use to advertise).

Also how many times have they taking new pictures of everything because people steal their pictures and put them on their eBay auctions?at least twice that I have noticed. What a waste of time!!!! They have to prioritize I think and that can not even be a top ten priority as it does not directly affect the board?.especially not as much as missing links and other useful info like the info I needed at the top of this post??

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 03:36:39 AM »

Yes, I am waiting for Airtight to have his site up and running.  I am sending international figure submissions to him, including the White Mortal. So his site will have it.  :shifty:  Yojoe.com is not getting any pictures from me, considering how the international section has gotten neglected.  They fired Mike T from fixing up the section before he a chance to work on it.  

The term "fired" from a website that was originated by collectors for collectors to what it has evolved today (profit and nothing more) is a joke. And it's now run by who? Steve? People is the community have no clue who he is.  At least BHT, Beav, Sentinal etc. post on the sites they own.

End of rant.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

BIGFAN

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 01:41:39 PM »

spillspleen pics sent of the items you have with their figs[/img]
\'m the guy that can get you stuff!

Tattoo Shane

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tattoosandtoys.com
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 04:31:31 PM »

I hate to keep this off topic but you guys are right about yojoe. It's totally lost what it once was. I'm going to be expanding the GI Joe section on my site and will be starting up the prototype and pre-prod gallery i originally pitched to yojoe.

Shane
our Toys....Our Tattoos
www.tattoosandtoys.com

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2005, 01:54:24 PM »

Quote from: ""Tattoo Shane""
I hate to keep this off topic but you guys are right about yojoe. It's totally lost what it once was. I'm going to be expanding the GI Joe section on my site and will be starting up the prototype and pre-prod gallery i originally pitched to yojoe.

Shane

Yojoe, and a number of other sites have pretty much been taken over by soulless agents of corporate evil who will do just about anything to make a buck. Yep I'm talking about you Figures.com. :evil:

Nice to see that the fan base is taking over. Still it's sad, whenever I have a question about a figure, I seem to type yojoe's web address into the browser. It's the first site that I ever found like it. It's a shame that someone decided that they might be able to make a buck off it.

- Raps
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2005, 12:06:40 AM »

How do you guys surf yojoe?

I have a short cut under favorites that goes right to the message board or the archive...so I never read the main page...and hence never see this advertising and stuff you guys are talking about. That is what you guys are talking about?

Spillspleen

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2005, 12:29:35 AM »

Also and by the way who is this tool:

*NAME REMOVED*

he is another nut case in a long line of mods on yojoe...I ask this as all the mods are unknown to the joe world it seems, online anyways. They all have one thing in common, no personallity or people skills...

EDIT: Spill, unless you have a valid reason due to a dealing between you and the person you're flaming, please refrain from doing do on this site. Thank you - BHT ( mike)