JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Large D-Bag move by someone at a Zellers.  (Read 3274 times)

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
Large D-Bag move by someone at a Zellers.
« on: September 01, 2010, 05:10:53 PM »

Well we all know about the oh so lovely people who switch out figures to get a new item while getting rid of a cheap one.  However today at the Cedarbrae Zellers I found something that only qualifies as extreme douchebag of the year!!

Here are the pics:

Seriously?  4 comic packs?  I should have mentioned it to the staff, but I know they usually don't care.  Still I should have mentioned it.  That kind of guy needs a swift kick to the nether regions to start, and a progressively worse fate from there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
Re: Large D-Bag move by someone at a Zellers.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 06:15:38 PM »

Hm, well as a DC fan, if I didn't have all the DC guys there except Adam Strange, I just might have gotten them. Alas...

Also, who's that packaged with Joker?

But yeah, kind a dick move there, although not all that uncommon. A few years ago, some epic douche would routinely swap out boxed Transformers for random dollar store trucks and planes with random dollar store Megazord figurines.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 06:32:06 PM »

Quote from: "Jay"
Hm, well as a DC fan, if I didn't have all the DC guys there except Adam Strange, I just might have gotten them. Alas...

Also, who's that packaged with Joker?

But yeah, kind a dick move there, although not all that uncommon. A few years ago, some epic douche would routinely swap out boxed Transformers for random dollar store trucks and planes with random dollar store Megazord figurines.

It was a movie Sabretooth figure.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 06:36:51 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
It was a movie Sabretooth figure.
DC is a plus.  The Sabertooth figure however requires that we bring the beggar in line with us next year and take turns kicking him in the nuts all night long.

Movie Deadpool would have called for castration though.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 09:07:54 PM »

Employees aren't trained to know the products that they sell so this will always happen.  Unless they examine the package to see if it was open before is there only hope of stoping this.  If you argue enough they will do the return anyway so the problem will always be there.
Lurking

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 10:08:38 PM »

Quote from: "bandonov"
Employees aren't trained to know the products that they sell so this will always happen.  Unless they examine the package to see if it was open before is there only hope of stoping this.  If you argue enough they will do the return anyway so the problem will always be there.

The image of the actual toys included are on the package, both the front and back...it's hard to miss. I think it's more the case of someone not caring. I mean the loss is not directly coming out of the employee's pocket. So, like you said if someone is arguing with you...you'll just want to get rid of this person.

I've too have been seeing this more often..and even more blatant...items stolen. I've seen cut bubbles with stolen accessories or the complete figure missing....so lame. The worst part is everyone thinks this is the work of kids....but sadly, I'm sure it's adult "collectors".

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 01:38:37 PM »

Quote from: "Madman"
Quote from: "bandonov"

The image of the actual toys included are on the package, both the front and back...it's hard to miss. I think it's more the case of someone not caring. I mean the loss is not directly coming out of the employee's pocket. So, like you said if someone is arguing with you...you'll just want to get rid of this person.

I've too have been seeing this more often..and even more blatant...items stolen. I've seen cut bubbles with stolen accessories or the complete figure missing....so lame. The worst part is everyone thinks this is the work of kids....but sadly, I'm sure it's adult "collectors".
Two problems:
1) a lot seem to play the "product may vary from picture" card, as per the packaging disclaimer.
2) most employees really don't care. I've once returned a DC Infinite Heroes 3-pack that had two of the figures broken, pointed out to the employee that I was returning them because they were broken... and a few days later I saw the same set right back on the Zellers shelf. I also used to know a guy who worked in the toy section at Wal-Mart, and on two occasions he did his best to take care of something (a first-movie Starscream toy in an ROTF Starscream's box and a Batman: The Brave and The Bold 3-pack with Plastic Man taken out) only for the store manager to just put the product back on the shelf.

So, yeah. Ultimately, management doesn't give a flying porkchop what condition a product is, if someone's unfamiliar enough with it to purchase it, it gives them their profit.

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 09:29:27 PM »

1) a lot seem to play the "product may vary from picture" card, as per the packaging disclaimer.
I'm glad I don't work in retail anymore.  If someone gave this back to me with that excuse, I'd be like:
Oh, is that why Reed Richards is wearing fishnet stockings?
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 12:17:15 AM »

Yes, well... #2 is usually the bigger factor in play. But I've heard tales that some people managed to pull it off using that line on the box.

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 09:32:14 PM »

Another big hit.  Someone returned 3 Iron Man 2 figures at Scarborough Town Centre Walmart.  However they replaced the figures with an Animated Xmen Beast, ROC Cover Girl and a third fig I can't remember at the moment.  When I get a chance I will post the pic.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »

Wow this is becoming a problem now these days.
Lurking