JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Miko Toy Warehouse ...Spy Troops stuff  (Read 14689 times)

crimsonchris

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Miko Toy Warehouse ...Spy Troops stuff
« on: October 07, 2004, 12:35:45 PM »

hi all....there is this toy warehouse in richmond hill at hwy 404/ hwy 7, called Miko Toys (there is also a Samko Toys in Toronto).  I used to work there and was always asking them to get some joe stuff.  I went in today and their selection has quadrupled.  Its all the Spy Troops series, and as I'm not a fan of the new joes, I couldnt tell you which specific series they are.  But I remember some prices..

figure 2 packs are $3 ( the ones with tunnel rat, bat v3.2, lady jaye, iron grenadiers, kamkura, etc)

i picked up some hiss IV tanks for $10 a piece

they have the desert jeep with dusty, a couple different copters, the humvee, plus a whole lot more....micromachines gi joe, etc...  all in the $10 to $20 range...

they have the snakeeyes/stormshadow 12" set for $14 plus a whole range of other 12" figs.  (gung ho, etc).

definately worth checking out if you're interested in this series, and the prices seem really good too...   Miko is a seasonal store open for christmas, and they just opened, so they do have a lot of stock in and tonnes more than i've mentioned  (stikfas, batman, starwars AOTC, spiderman)

the address is 60 East Beaver Creek if anyone is in the neighbourhood.

chris.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

crimsonchris

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 12:44:15 PM »

some more i remember:

sand razor w/ dusty
night attack chopper
assult quad w/ gung ho

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 10:33:03 AM »

Holy crap! Sounds like a freakin' bonanza!

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: Miko Toy Warehouse ...Spy Troops stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 11:14:59 AM »

Quote from: ""crimsonchris""

they have the snakeeyes/stormshadow 12" set for $14 plus a whole range of other 12" figs.  (gung ho, etc).

Is this the one with the Spy Troops DVD?
Mike

crimsonchris

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 12:47:47 PM »

hey mike...yes it is the one with the dvd...they had about 6 pieces on the shelf when i was there yesterday, and as it is the beginning of the season they likely have more in the back...  this store deals in high volume, 'last season' stock so that is why their prices are pretty good...

i think i paid around $35US off ebay when it came out...   :?

chris

Chinooked Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 02:56:32 PM »

Gonna have to check that out over the weekend. thanks crimsonchris for the scoop. I can finally even out my iron grenadiers.
y army\'s bigger than your army!
just kiddin!

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 09:41:34 PM »

This place is 30 sec. from work and I go there twice a year at this time.  Hence I stopped in today after working late.  I only had 10 minutes to browse the items before the placed closed.  Both Night Attack Choppers where there, Cobra Hiss IV, the Sky Sweeper and some other Spy Troop vehicles (mostly junk) where there.  Forget about finding any Cycle Vipers, Iron Grenadiers (both grey and black) Cobra Coils and Bats.  I cleaned out the ones I saw.  Although I don't army build JVC figures, I am not going to pass up $3 CAN 2 packs (and 14 IG alone in one shot) or the cycle at $7.95.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2004, 10:59:42 AM »

$3 can for a two pack?? man! I wish I had that sweet a deal close to me. I'd get a few Kamakura/Night Creeper packs for my ninja army....

:shifty:
Say no to AFA.

crimsonchris

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2004, 11:04:19 AM »

i know the workings of the store pretty well as i worked there for six years, so they likely have skids and skids of this stuff in the back...  so the stock should keep getting replenished (ie. grenadiers) depending on who is working the aisle.   what will probably happen eventually is an abundance of the less popular ones on the shelf, eventhough they have the full array in the back..   as long as the display looks full, no one really cares how diverse the display is...

i too went in to by some grenadiers for someone who asked me to and noticed a lot had been taken since the day before  ( pete the greek perhaps?  :shifty: )  but i managed to find some left behind...

my best advice is to ask the person working the aisle to grab you some from the back if you've made the trip and find there aren't any you came for..   if its not too busy most will do what you request...

and if you're in toronto, you can look up Samko Toys, which is the parent company and they have the exact same stock...

chris

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2004, 04:22:48 PM »

Quote from: ""Redmao""
$3 can for a two pack?? man! I wish I had that sweet a deal close to me. I'd get a few Kamakura/Night Creeper packs for my ninja army....

:shifty:

How many are you looking for as I did see them.  The Night Creeper is such an ugly constructed figure.  So I passed on those packs (considering I bought 38 IG figures, 15 Bats and 16 Coil figures in the end).   I also passed on the Sand Vipers and Cobra Claw Commander packs.  Freaking gorilla arms.  

Samko is in a bad part of Toronto. Dufferin and Queen.  Good luck finding parking in that area.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 04:31:37 PM »

Quote from: ""crimsonchris""
i too went in to by some grenadiers for someone who asked me to and noticed a lot had been taken since the day before  ( pete the greek perhaps?  :shifty:  And the funny thing is that some of the packs are American.  So I get the battle points from them.

custo

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2004, 07:39:31 PM »

Thanks Crimsonchris :) (he hooked me up) so a hgue thanks to him.  Pete if you have any spare IGs i'll take those from you to :)
ong Live the Iron Grenadiers