JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New Figures that are not Joes coming out to Retail  (Read 8125 times)

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
New Figures that are not Joes coming out to Retail
« on: May 18, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »

I was at a TRU yesterday and I saw they had the Captain America, Green Lantern and Priates of the Caribean figs out.  Is any one going to collect any of these lines or buy for new parts for Customs?  

I was not impressed at all from the Green Lantern line at all, the worst for posing.  I will pass on the whole line unless there is a good head for a custom.  If I ever make one.

The Priates of the Caribean is one that I will look at for custom fodder, but that is all.  The ghost face that appears when under a Black light is interesting!

With Captain America, the jury is still out on that one.  I saw one of the vehicles the Off Road Shield, it looks great But.... I did not like the cockpit at all!  but at $24.99 for that "Jeep" it may still be worth it.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Lurking

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: New Figures that are not Joes coming out to Retail
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 01:53:49 PM »

The Red Skull and Crossbones figures look amazing for the Captain America line.  I can't wait to get my hands on them.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 05:36:53 PM »

I grabbed a GL Jordan figure out of pity.  Lego sets are filling my POTC needs.

Looking forward to some Cap figs - Crossbones and Hydra Trooper.  Maybe USAgent.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 08:05:46 AM »

I looked at the GL figures last night.  The heads are nice, but the figures are pretty disappointing.  No articulation in the arms.  Legs that only go forward and back.  When you have a product like POC, why can't the other toys manufacturers step up and get in the game and make a decent product.  

I won't be buying any of the GL figures.  I am just happy with my straight arm Green Lantern from the Super Heroes set from the 80's.

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 08:25:32 AM »

Quote from: "SnowHawk"
I looked at the GL figures last night.  The heads are nice, but the figures are pretty disappointing.  No articulation in the arms.  Legs that only go forward and back.  When you have a product like POC, why can't the other toys manufacturers step up and get in the game and make a decent product.  

I won't be buying any of the GL figures.  I am just happy with my straight arm Green Lantern from the Super Heroes set from the 80's.

If you want a nice 4" GL with good articulation, look for the 2010 re-release of Hal Jordan as part of the Infinite Heroes 75th release.  Sadly - too little, too late.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

gijoecarlos

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 01:59:46 AM »

Im sticking to the Dc Universe green lantern figures. not a fan of the movie figures. In my opinion, all movie figures suck! Even the Gi Joe ones. :(

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 08:40:24 AM »

I picked up Winter Soldier and Battle Field Captain America.  They are pretty sweet figures.  I was disappointed with the Battle Field Captain America because it is just a repaint of the SDCC exclusive.  I already have the SDCC Cap (which I paid a lot more than what I bought the new one for), fortunately my son convinced me I should give him the Captain America figure.  

My friend picked up the Crossbones figure in the states.  It is a great figure.  Perfect for making some "bad @ss" custom figures.

CAPT. GRID-IRON

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • http://[url]serpentorslair.info[/url]
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »

I was at the store the other day to specifically check out the new green lantern figures because i am really stoked about the movie. How unfortunate for Mattel that they have not figured out how to match the quality and articulation of most every other toy out this summer. It was almost like taking a trip back to the mid eighties with these green lantern figures, no elbow or knee articulations, and the wide crotch as well. The most amazing thing to me is that they are trying to charge close to the same price for these that hasbro charges for the Marvel figures, which are loaded with articulation and playability. All i can say is this is a major dissapointment.

SnowHawk

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »

I was at Walmart this morning and was very pleased to see Wave 2 Captain America figures were out.  I bought Crossbones, Red Skull, Movie Captain, USAgent and Bucky Captain America.  I passed on the Arctic Cap and Captain Britain.

The Red Skull is just as awesome as the picture.  It is perfect for making some sweet Cobra customs.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2011, 12:13:53 PM »

I'm with gijoecarlos. Movie figures usually suck....except for vintage Star Wars. Those were awesome at the time. I can't recall another movie line where the figures didn't suck.

Neca, Reeltoyz and McFarlane figures do not count in this category if you ask me.
2 + 2 = 22

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 01:56:14 PM »

The Crysis-2 4" figures are good figures, I thought. Modest value too--although they are $10. They do come with extra squad weapons with tripod stands, or added pistols and extra bits--depending on the figure. Detail is very good, and articulation is comparable to the weaker POC figures.
They DO expand the weapons choices for Joes ( or COBRAs, I suppose) and the Nomad/Alcatraz figures make for interesting counterparts to the  Accelerator suit Joes. The Cell trooper is a kinda funky heavily armoured trooper, and he could work as a Joe or a COBRA.
Unfortunately, the figures do NOT have peg-holes in their feet, so standing them can be a challenge. Poster putty might be the order of the day here, or make them a vehicle crewman.

I found mine at my LCS ( local comic shop).

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »

Waiting on Thundercats right now..........