JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: New (old) board format and some items of note.  (Read 18250 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: New (old) board format and some items of note.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 10:42:15 AM »

It has been brought to my attention that ALL images attached in threads - aren't showing up.

It looks like this has to do with the transfer from phpBB to this one.
Any images you guys want shown - you should re-post in the original thread in place of the original image. Please do not bump up old threads simply to get your image showing. Thanks.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 11:53:50 AM »

speaking of, your avatar's not showing up.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 10:27:53 PM »

Since the store will be up and running, do you have plans to make at least a figure available directly through the site, that will not be a convention exclusive, but let's say, rather a figure that can be the same throughout the years, kind of like an online JC mascot?

That idea was bounced around last year. I'm not to keen on the idea because I feel it takes away from the con set for the following year. Any figure we can make and sell here on JoeCanuck should logically go into the con set for 2012 in my opinion.

I say you should make a 25th-style Joe Canuck and Black Ice set available for sale only to forum members in the JoeCanuck Store.  Since they were already past Con exclusives, they wouldn't take away from the current years' sets, they would be great mascots for the site, and people would lose their minds over them.  Plus, you'd get tons of people to sign up for and check out the site just for the figures.
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 11:15:12 PM »

Since the store will be up and running, do you have plans to make at least a figure available directly through the site, that will not be a convention exclusive, but let's say, rather a figure that can be the same throughout the years, kind of like an online JC mascot?

That idea was bounced around last year. I'm not to keen on the idea because I feel it takes away from the con set for the following year. Any figure we can make and sell here on JoeCanuck should logically go into the con set for 2012 in my opinion.

I say you should make a 25th-style Joe Canuck and Black Ice set available for sale only to forum members in the JoeCanuck Store.  Since they were already past Con exclusives, they wouldn't take away from the current years' sets, they would be great mascots for the site, and people would lose their minds over them.  Plus, you'd get tons of people to sign up for and check out the site just for the figures.

Direct hit! Olyeller sunk my Battleship!....

Mike: Unless you have future plans to update them for an eventual convention release, then that's another story of course.
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:01 AM »

It's really more about the time it takes to do these things guys. It's a great idea in theory, but would be a HUGE headache. Not happening.

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »

It's really more about the time it takes to do these things guys. It's a great idea in theory, but would be a HUGE headache. Not happening.

Maybe you should make a deal with the devil, contact the GIJCC and have them make Joe Canuck & Black Ice part of their new figure subscription service  ;D Bonus 13th figure will be Timbit!
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 04:02:22 PM »

gah!! no bi-monthly newsletter articles to read.... :'(
I just assumed most people were taking a break after the con and summer holidays....
I think I will really miss that newsletter quite a bit, I've always enjoyed all the articles and pictures. I'd also like to thank all those who worked so hard in making it happen for so many months/years.
Excuse me while I go eat my timbits now.....gah!! that's gone too!!! NOOOO!! speaking of which are we getting the give/take timbits back?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 07:04:21 PM »

Man... you guys would make lousy Jedi's.

Patience. I have many other things going on in my life right now that require my attention over bringing back perks of this board. They will come (Timbits as well). But it'll be awhile.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 02:06:43 AM »

will Canuckleheads continue in some form or is that dead too?
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 10:10:42 AM »

will Canuckleheads continue in some form or is that dead too?

That is completely up to Loop at this time.
I know he wanted to take a break from it to pursue another project, but I can't speak any futher on it than that right now.

I love the Canuckleheads. I've enjoyed Jason's work for nearly 10 years now and would love to see them continue on in some form or another - even if it was a quarterly comic put out for sale.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 01:32:20 PM »

Patience.

Hey wait a minute, don't know if you said the Jedi joke on purpose, but that's also what Obiwan once said to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back: "Patience". And Luke was a lousy Jedi apprentice too  :P !

2 + 2 = 22

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 04:40:28 PM »

Patience.

Hey wait a minute, don't know if you said the Jedi joke on purpose, but that's also what Obiwan once said to Luke in The Empire Strikes Back: "Patience". And Luke was a lousy Jedi apprentice too  :P !

Star Wars references always work. Look at the one in this years convention comic.  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.