JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015.  (Read 3358 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015.
« on: October 31, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »

Disney purchased Lucas Films! Star Wars Episode VII is suppose to be coming in 2015! Remember, Disney also bought Marvel and look how good the latest Marvel movies have been. Great news indeed. I wonder if the will at least use Mark Hamill as an older Jedi teaching the new Jedi.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/10/30/the-walt-disney-company-acquires-lucasfilm-star-wars-episode-vii-set-for-2015
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 01:43:48 PM »

Morg, don't know if you're a big Star Wars fan, but just the fact that you're happy with the news, is a good thing, if you compare it with the negative comments that so called die-hard fans left on the net.

I also liked what Disney did with the Avengers movie, although there is a particular scene that bothered me a bit where the "acting" of this police officer character interacting with the Cap was too cliché of Disney live acting movies. But that was the only legacy that I found Disney imprinted on this movie.

Lucasfilm's franchise should be in good hands. Disney seems to be more interested in putting the money where they want to make it, and that is always good for any business, and at the same time they have proven that they are not eager to sacrifice the essence of the franchise just to maintain their goody image they have come to be known for. The Avengers could've end up beeing another wonderful world of Disney movie, but it wasn't. It was at least what you'd come to expect from a Marvel storyline.
2 + 2 = 22

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 03:19:44 PM »

Marvel made Aveners free from Disney interference, just like Pixar make their movies largely free of Disney interference (let's be honest, Cars 2 largely happened because of the insanely popular toy car line). I think Lucasfilm is in safe hands. and Lucas is retaining some measure of creative control over SW7-9 since he's a creative consultant and Kathleen Kennedy's indicated he'd already drafted the plots
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »

Apparently it will have nothing to do with all the comics and books written that come after 6 and was written by Lucas himself. I'm happy that it has nothing to do with a book written 20 years ago, keep it fresh. As for being written by Lucas, I hope they use that as a foundation for the story but add some flair from other writers as well.

Lucas was good back in the day, but I think of him like an old rock band. The first few albums were great but after a while they started to loose it.

Besides, with it no longer being a one man show you know they will be able to go back to the well again and again with lots of new, creative ideas. Look at comic books. I still dig Spider Man but you know Stan Lee isn't writing them anymore and it's still good stuff.  Is Ian Fleming still involved with James Bond? Same thing here people.

I'm looking forward to it.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:58:49 PM »

My place is already reserved for 2015  ;D

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 01:11:23 PM »

My place is already reserved for 2015  ;D

I have my tickets already, LOL!!!
Lurking

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2012, 04:01:49 PM »

considering how much money eps 1-3 earned i thought Disney got a pretty good deal. Should be able to recoup in like 10 years.

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2012, 05:19:40 PM »

Mark my words. I wouldn't be surprised if Disney decides to create a never ending index of episodes. They are an ambitious money making machine, more than Lucasfilm ever was or could be.
2 + 2 = 22

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 07:35:14 AM »

Lucas has only written a treatment, they are working with other writers.

This is likely the best for the brand.  Otherwise it would have likely withered or been mismanaged.  And Disney and LFL have been partners for years. 

I am glad George gets to see his creations passed on.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.