JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 2009 Con Sets  (Read 23139 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 Con Sets
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 02:46:13 PM »

Quote from: "Raptor"
It does make me wary to see these as listed in C10 shape. They are custom figures after all, I am pretty sure that none of them qualify for C-10 even as they came out of our hands and were placed directly by Mike into the box. -  :chicken:

Then the same figures that you buy mint on card in stores don't qualify as C-10 neither as the figures are hand manipulated by workers several times before making their way into their packaging. I think there should be a line drawn between "played with" and "manipulated". I'm sure that the Canadian Con set items were just "manipulated", therefore deserving to preserve their C-10 status.

As for the figures, factory made or not, debate what you think, I believe it's pointless anyway, as that the majority of its process involved factory work, therefore it's not only factory-made because of this, but also "made in Canada" just for anyone's information.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
2 + 2 = 22

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 02:56:38 PM »

Quote from: "canprime"
Quote from: "Scramble"
Quote from: "canprime"
But there had to be some machine work involved right?  I mean the HATE wasn't done by hand right?

Look at my chromed fingers and ask that question again!

First of all, keep you chrome fetish to yourself!!!  ;D

Second, wow.  Great work, I look at my HATE and could swear it was done using a machine.   JUDOS!!!  (better than Kudos).

Just joking. I had nothing to do with the HATE toy.
Updated!

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 09:21:13 AM »

Quote from: "THE Mike?"
Box - Factory Made
Foam Insert - Factory Made
Comic Book - Factory Made
Weapons - Factory Made
Stickers - Factory Made
Chroming of Tanks - Factory done.

Just sayin'.

And I wish Mark the best of luck in the sale of his con set. He purchased one just like everyone else and is free to do with it what he wants. I know the reason he's selling, so I personally hope it reaches the highest price yet for the set. ;-)

I agree with all of this, and you did a great job with all of it - but I was thinking more of the figures. I just can't see a customized figure being considered c10. 
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 10:05:55 AM »

I agree with all of this, and you did a great job with all of it - but I was thinking more of the figures. I just can't see a customized figure being considered c10. 

Agreed.  It's like a baseball card with autograph on it.  The autograph ruins the condition of the card.
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"

Agreed.  It's like a baseball card with autograph on it.  The autograph ruins the condition of the card.

As a card, but it opens it up to a whole new market as a collectible.
Updated!

canprime

• phpBB Blue SNAKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 04:14:37 PM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
Quote from: "Pete The Greek"

As a card, but it opens it up to a whole new market as a collectible.

Agreed.  Look at Realboss's recent Rowdy Roddy Piper auction.  It sold for over $300 and it was autographed by Roddy himself.  Where the previous few auctions of that figure never made it to $300.  An autograph, especially from someone well loved, or rarely signed usually only increases the value of an item.

Dune Echo

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2010, 01:03:48 PM »

Just to chime in, I ran into some financial trouble and had to resell the second autographed set I had managed to buy to a private collector for $600 (not through eBay).  I think it was set #83.  I still have set #66 with everyone's autographs on the front of the box.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 01:05:39 PM by Dune Echo »

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2010, 12:00:36 AM »

Is it just me, or does anybody else have a Frostback trooper that has a non glossy head? Mine from my #22 set came like this. I only noticed the difference when I saw everybody else's pics of Frostback and realized that mine may be unique. I also acquired set #75 before deciding to break it, and this time Frostback in there has a glossy head.
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2010, 12:29:33 AM »

It's pretty even. They weren't all painted the same day.