JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!  (Read 27756 times)

Propergrounds

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
Re: Post Canadian Joe Con appreciation thread!
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2010, 07:51:24 PM »

Congrats to everyone involved in this years show.
It was my first Con and my first time selling my joes.
Not only did I have great sales,but a great time and met lots of Nice people.
I think the Hodded Cobra Commander made the show.
He was hilarious and bought some Vintage joe stuff from me.(I gave him a great discount,He is the commander after all.)
does anyone know who he was??
And baroness sure was hot.
But I think destro needs to hit the treadmill...too many timbit i suppose.
Thanks to all and I will see you next year!
Jay :cobra:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2010, 09:56:16 PM »

Great con even with Hasbro failing to show up (twice).  Picked up far too much but got pretty much everything I was looking for.

Thank you threads usually are a dangerous thing as you usually forget someone (or their name) but here goes:

To the motley crew who played Monopoly.  Thanks for helping to pass many hours in such a fine fashion - even with my early "blunder" with Roshan.  However, perhaps we could have a rule about taking crotch shots in line next year (it was very painful to watch).

Roshan for hooking me up with some POC stuff - and also doing the CCCCC as well as the trivia contest.

LJ22 for being himself as well as a fine vehicle part hunter.

The vendors for having (for the most part) very reasonable prices and fine selection.

To my fellow boardmates I had a chance to get to know a little bit better this year.  At the same time, I had a chance to meet some other guys who aren't a regular part of the board (such as James K and Blitzkreig).  This was my third con and quite a bit different for me as I took the time to do a fair bit more interaction with fellow fans and it made the Con immensely more enjoyable).

To my boys who, over all, were very well behaved.

For my wife and daughter for not killing me upon seeing the near full trunk.

To the cosplayers - giving freely of their time to bring some extra enjoyment to the show.

To the guests - Larry, Zach, David, Loop, Mark - thank you for indulging (tolerating) us in our particular brand of zeal.  I just wish I could have made all the panels.

And of course to all volunteers and organizers - thanks for putting it all together.  It is all very much appreciated!  And an extra thanks for Mike for the freebie  :shifty:.  Remember - free camping (with campfire) in my backyard (unless of course we have to line up............)
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2010, 10:13:10 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
appreciated!  And an extra thanks for Mike for the freebie  :shifty:

Dude, you can't type that! I'm gonna get a crapton of emails now asking about the "freebie item" and what it was!

It was the comic. Pdaat was there when I arrived and help bring all the con sets and crap inside. So I gave him a comic - he was the first one of you all to read it!

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2010, 10:15:47 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"

And another thank you - to Martin for not punching me when I asked him who he was for the second time Saturday.  I knew my error as soon as the words left my mouth.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

roshan

• phpBB CJC Volunteer
  • phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2010, 10:29:19 PM »

Quote from: "THE Mike™"

And another thank you - to Martin for not punching me when I asked him who he was for the second time Saturday.  I knew my error as soon as the words left my mouth.

now that you mention that,  thank you pdaat for not spoiling the comic to everyone in line Saturday morning :D

Madman

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 11:23:20 PM »

Yep, Just want to thank the whole joe canuck team again for putting the show together. It was my favorite con yet honestly (both US and CAN). I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work in making this happen.

I was happy to spend some time with familiar faces and meet a few new ones. It's great to put some faces with the usernames here.

The wait in line was fun. Got you watch Pdaat, Roshan and crew playing monopoly. Got to meet shark and spectre along with some others in line.

5h4rK

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2010, 11:54:39 PM »

Yep, it was nice to chat with you Madman.. the english was not perfect but the effort was there, hehe!  ;D
Best thing for me was to put some faces on several of the names here..

formbx257

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 12:06:01 AM »

I too would like to thank Mike, his wife and all the staff members that made my first Joe con so enjoyable!  I've been to plenty anime cons (with the creepy/showboating people in costume, crowds that don't no where to go and events that aren't timed right) and this was nothing like that.  While I don't wish to stress Mike, I really hope he takes care of the 2011 con!
I took pictures and video and will be editing/uploading it to Youtube by Saturday (I hope).  Mike seemed reluctant to have his picture taken, so I won't be adding it without his permission...  maybe I'll have it printed and give it to him next year, personally:wink:
Watch "The 1980's G.I. Joe Show" on Blip.TV: http://blip.tv/formbx257
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/FormBX257/295471453806030

xhairs

• phpBB Hailstorm Pilot
    • View Profile
    • http://s285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/XHAIRS_photos/
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 02:27:34 AM »

Quote from: "garling23"
..Oh and I was reading the Sun this morning and page 12 has an article about the show and great pics.  

There is a short video at: www.torontosun.com/joe

that is awsome !!!!!!!!!! I want to thank the staff for doing this every YR, this is my 4th con and it gets better every yr. I dont have much to add that hasnt been said. thanks Hasbro for the freebies. Keep it up guys & gals your doing great and it was awsome to see the kids having fun. im glad i got to see you all agin. so i hope to see & meet more of you next yr in the falls i hope lol.
CUSTOM TOYS ARE THE BEST TOYS !!!!!!!!!!!!
ORING, CLASSIC & RESOLUTE FOR LIFE!!!!!!!!!

pdaat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 08:23:20 AM »

I wanted to add another thanks to the guys who come in from a long way to attend.  Montreal, various locales in the U.S.

A special shout-out to turner - this was his first Joe convention of any type and he came all the way from Florida!

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 08:51:41 AM »

thank you to everyone involved in the convention, this year was a blast, good time talking to old friends in line, and meeting new friends in line.

i always have a good time at the show, this was my first year doing it from behind the table though, and i found it just as much fun, i cant wait for next year.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

Surnis

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 09:36:54 AM »

It was my first joe-con, (didn't even now a canadian con existed until a few months back, I would have come years earlier otherwise!) and it was a blast. Fully worth the travel from Sorel, Quebec. I made the trip with friends, and had a good time in and out of the convention itself.

While I didn't win anything either in draws or the quiz, it was more than compensated by the awesome deals at the dealer tables. I never expected the prices would be so low in general. And I managed to fill 2 of my 10 most wanted items wish-list!

I'm just sad I missed the Lara Hama Q&A. I was a bit late, and the doors where locked when I came, too bad.

Thanks to the people running the convention. Keep it up, I'll be there again for sure.
Thanks to Martin for bringing me, sorry guys for taking so much space in the car with my purchases!
Thanks to Zack Hoffman for signing my transparent Zartan's filecard, and being an all-around cool guy. 
And thanks to all the generous dealers I bought from (especially Pierre and Melanie, friendlier dealers would be impossible) The profit must not have been very high, so you sure deserve our appreciation, and not just the money we all gave you.