JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: 10th Anniversary Beast Wars  (Read 3614 times)

BludChylde

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
10th Anniversary Beast Wars
« on: February 07, 2006, 07:11:27 PM »

Hey guys, I have a question.

Today I ended up buying a BW Waspinator. Never seen the show but was killing time this morning at WalMart and thought he looked cool.

Posting over on a TF site, someone suggested I watch the included video to better understand the character. Problem is it didn't have a video. I didn't know at the time about any videos and I didn't see anything on the package indicating it would come with one.

Has any other fellow Canadians bought any of these figs from a store in Canada? If so did it come with the video?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 02:57:54 AM »

The toy comes with a DVD that includes a classic Beast Wars episode, "Possession".
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

BludChylde

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 10:34:13 PM »

Are you sure? Someone on another forum found a link to a thread on TFans that states the Canada release lacks the DVD.

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 03:41:06 AM »

Could be. I haven't purchased any 10th anniversary stuff yet. I'm just going by what I've seen on other sites.

But because of (deleted) Quebecers who complain whenever something's released without a French language (G1 reissues, GIJoe comic packs), I guess Hasbro just doesn't bother with us, or if it's a surefire profit like BW anniversary toys, just yank out the english DVD.

EDIT: Jin, I've deleted your choice of 'words' for your fellow Quebecors. Let's keep that crap off the board Ok. :-) - BHT
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

BludChylde

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2006, 08:01:58 PM »

Quote from: ""Jin""
Could be. I haven't purchased any 10th anniversary stuff yet. I'm just going by what I've seen on other sites.

But because of (deleted) Quebecers who complain whenever something's released without a French language (G1 reissues, GIJoe comic packs), I guess Hasbro just doesn't bother with us, or if it's a surefire profit like BW anniversary toys, just yank out the english DVD.

EDIT: Jin, I've deleted your choice of 'words' for your fellow Quebecors. Let's keep that crap off the board Ok. :-) - BHT

Yeah, if someone else hadn't seen that on TFans (which I didn't read until just before seeing your post), I would still be thinking I got ripped off.

What I don't get about the lack of the BW DVDs is that some of the Cybertron ones (Snarl, Sideways and a couple others I saw) have a DVD themselves. So I don't think the lack of French on the DVDs is the problem, unless Quebec never got any of the Cybertron ones.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2006, 10:42:51 AM »

Quebec can get toys with DVDs and comics that aren't French. But because of the small English population, it's a tough sell. My guess is that a Canadian distributor or maybe YTV own the rights to Beast Wars DVDs and didn't allow Hasbro to distribute them north of the border. Just speculation, mind you. But BEast Wars (or at least Beast Machines) still airs on YTV occassionally.
Updated!

BludChylde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 09:12:19 PM »

Scramble, it may be speculation, but it does somewhat make sense with one flaw in my mind. The one thing is though, isn't BW supposed to be Hasbro's own creation? If thats true how could YTV stop Hasbro from distributing their own work in Canada?

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2006, 10:19:08 AM »

I asked Hasbro yesterday when I placed an order for Star Wars items.

Quite simply - cost.
Quebec has such a high ratio of french only people, that Hasbro found it easier (and cheaper) to not include it with it.

Nothing to do with anything else but that.
Mike