JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Joe Meet 2007 : Contributing (Updated: March 1st)  (Read 8253 times)

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
Re: Joe Meet 2007 : Contributing (Updated: March 1st)
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 07:27:57 PM »

Your second help offer is too late Jon, I've assigned tasks - thanks.

My wife may have her friend help her out at the door and my tables - which is a HUGE help for me. I've given some 'jobs' to people for the sections they said they could help in.

If you're a 'dealer' (Deadshot, etc) then I didn't need you to watch the door or another table as you'll have your own to contend with.

Thanks guys, this should make the day go smoother for everyone - especially me.

Who knows.... maybe I'll get to have fun at the Meet this year.
Mike
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 12:27:02 PM »

Mike,

I'd like to help out with something even if it means picking up the trash. I litteraly don't know anyone, not even my own fellow joes from my own Montreal. I am coming to the Meet but I have a question: how and when do we get the Shiver figure? If it includes an admission to the Meet then that means that it has to be purchased before? But when? I'm worried that I just might go there and miss out on this nice catch...

Anyhow I'm willing to help with anything just as long as I get to walk around from time to time! I'm a hardworking person myself and dedicate myself to anything I do. And what better way to get to know others than by beeing part of a team too.
2 + 2 = 22

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2007, 12:38:35 PM »

Quote from: "latinjoe22"
Mike,

I'd like to help out with something even if it means picking up the trash. I litteraly don't know anyone, not even my own fellow joes from my own Montreal. I am coming to the Meet but I have a question: how and when do we get the Shiver figure? If it includes an admission to the Meet then that means that it has to be purchased before? But when? I'm worried that I just might go there and miss out on this nice catch...

Anyhow I'm willing to help with anything just as long as I get to walk around from time to time! I'm a hardworking person myself and dedicate myself to anything I do. And what better way to get to know others than by beeing part of a team too.

Well first, if the figure is the main reason you're attending, then don't go. We'd love to have as many Joe Fans as possible attend, but there is only 30 of these things, and people WILL leave the Joe Meet without one. The trick is to get there early.... or stick around for the door prizes as we're also giving away a Black Ice, AND a Joe Canuck figure. Besides, you should want to attend to enjoy Joe with some peers and to meet new contacts and fans that share your hobby! That's the main reason the Joe Meet was started - and that will always be the reason we have them. ;-)

As for helping, I think I'm good - so thanks for the offer.  I'll have more info on the Joe Meet figure this weekend, but for now you may want to read this thread here: http://www.joecanuck.com/joe/board/inde ... 8.msg10764

Most everything you need is in the first post. ;-)
Mike

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2007, 12:59:50 PM »

Thanks Mike.

I'm glad you bring out the true spirit of this event. I actually am quite excited about the Meet, especially since I never attended one in my own city! As for the exclusive figure, I didn't think there would be only about 30...

But I think I'll understand if I don't get one. After all, there are other ways to highlight the event, right? Such as winning a customization contest per instance. I don't intend on winning but just as long as i get to have my picture somewhere next to my crappy figure or be part of something, It'll have to make my day heheheh.  :)
2 + 2 = 22

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2007, 01:11:31 PM »

If you're talking about winning the Speed Painting contest, there just might be something for the winner to take home with him.  :wink:
Updated!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 01:15:56 PM »

What is exactly speed painting? You have to paint a figure as good as possible really quickly or what? Plz let me know I'd have to start training on my spare joe parts!
2 + 2 = 22

Raptor

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2007, 03:16:00 PM »

That just about covers it LJ. Scrams and I should have some rules posted by next week. I'm just melting down at work today, but I've alreay started putting together some wierd combinations of parts for the contest.

Scrams ran this at Monreal meet, and it was such a blast, my only regret is that running it means that I can't be *in* it.

:chicken:
\"\'Must-look-akward-ya-hoo!\"

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2007, 03:48:59 PM »

Charles, you can always do one for fun!

viperlord

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 02:52:20 AM »

Mike you know you can count on me for whatever you need.  I'll set up, take down, clean up, whatever.  Just tell me what to do.

And I'll DEFINATELY be helping clean up the freebie table  ;D
Me too!

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »

You'll even take a 60% complete MCC?

ViperDave

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 05:23:18 PM »

Uhh... how complete is 60% Loop? I am driving afterall... :shifty: