JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Blowing huge amounts of money on custom parts.  (Read 1751 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Blowing huge amounts of money on custom parts.
« on: December 14, 2011, 09:47:58 AM »

I was inspired by Jon's post about blowing huge amounts of money on Zombies last week so I thought I would share my latest big purchase.

Slayer Design Studios wanted to take a break and clear out their inventory so they had some bulk auctions on ebay a few weeks back. Each lot had around 20 - 25 heads and started at $39.99.

I bought 3 lots but missed the part where shipping was $35. My fault for missing that.

However, I did mention it and David Grey (owns SDS) on the boards over there. He got me in touch with the guy running the auctions for him and they gave me a choice, either reduce the shipping rates or take get random parts. My view is I can always make more money but custom heads don't come by every day, so I went with the parts.

Man am I glad I went for the parts. I've got enough parts to keep my happy for the winter.

Here's my score:

1st auction I won:

2nd auction:

3rd auction:

Bonus swag:

Everything in one bag after I took it all out:

Talk about awesome!

I consider Slayer Dave a friend and probably one of the nicest guys in the hobby. I have literally spent hours talking on the phone and his dedication is fantastic, and it shows in his work.

I swear, his stuff is like plastic crack. Once you start, it's hard to stop.  ;D
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Blowing huge amounts of money on custom parts.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »

Are we looking at parts of potential CJC stuff?
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Blowing huge amounts of money on custom parts.
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 02:06:17 PM »

Are we looking at parts of potential CJC stuff?

No. Some of the heads in there are the same as last years CJC2011 stuff, but this is all personal stuff for me to do on my own timeline. I just enjoy making customs.   ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.