JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Online collection wave 2  (Read 5379 times)

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Online collection wave 2
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 10:17:48 PM »

Good to hear about the orders.  I wasn't losing patience with Curtis as this was Hasbro's doing. I had a really good hunch Hasbro was going to do something stupid like this.  

But I wasn't going to drop any more coin on pre-orders in the short term as I am getting sick of seeing gas, gas, gas, on my credit card bill each month. I just want to lower the bill for a while. And spending money in which I don't get anything for a couple months doesn't help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Agent_Loop

• phpBB CanJoeCon Staff
  • Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jasonloo.com/
Online collection wave 2
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 11:45:47 PM »

Quote from: ""BIGFAN""
and the comic packs ship this week

Sweet! Does this mean Loop will get his loose comic-pack Tunnel Rat soon?
If so, I'll be dropping some mo' dough on that Bats pack and ROCC!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Online collection wave 2
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 08:59:12 AM »

Quote from: ""Realboss""
Nothing here yet.  I heard a rumour that Hasbro shipped all of its online store orders first before shipping the other online store's inventory ie HQ( the collectors' club got theirs first they were top of the list).  The first time I didn't go through them for the new waves and look still waiting.  It's not fair to people like Curtis who help out and sell to us in Canada.

I was thinking the same but yet smalljoes as already had 2 orders come in for the wave 1 stuff. I have no inside information on this at all but I get the feeling that Hasbro might be holding back the HQ just because of the pre-orders, but that is just my opinion.

Sort of reminds me of when I use to work in a comic shop about 12 years ago. There were 2 major comic distributors and the place I worked at Titans of Tomorrow (ToT) was having problems with both. The one place I think didn't like fact my boss was late on paying for some of his orders, so we were on credit hold or something like that and that is totally ToT's fault, but the other place had a long time standing relationship with another comic shop that was also downtown Kitchener and the owner of that store had asked the distributor to hold back our orders by a day or two. This was when comics were huge in the 90's, around the death of Superman time so having the comics before the other store by a few days made a big difference, especially when the stores were only a few blocks from each other.

The other store is still there I think but ToT went under 12 years ago. Funny thing, the comic part died so I suggested we start selling vintage Star Wars and other toys and that kept the store running for at least another 6 months.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

BIGFAN

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Online collection wave 2
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 11:44:27 AM »

yep loop t rat ships soon!

and the only thing hasbro told me is they waited till the night watch came in before sending out my order. i dont think the wait next time will be like this

and remember smalljoes is further up the food chain than i am as far hasbro acct goes...so it makes sense they got some of the first bites
\'m the guy that can get you stuff!

BIGFAN

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
Online collection wave 2
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 03:54:59 PM »

hey mike (bht) drop me a line

was it comic pack 21 you had that was dented? or 49?

lmk cause you package is shipping!

and lmk if you want any cases of these goodies
\'m the guy that can get you stuff!