JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: went back to the hood and was pleased to see this!  (Read 2384 times)

Bandalero

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
went back to the hood and was pleased to see this!
« on: August 29, 2008, 11:19:45 AM »

So I had to make a trip to Scarberia (Scarborough), my old stomping grounds and in the most ghetto-est of malls I was very happy to see TRU was stacked with Joe product, I mean stacked!  At least two cases of vehicles (HISS tanks, VAMPs, etc.), all the latest comic pack assortments (Nemisis, IG, etc.) and two full cases of wave 8 on canadian cards.

I haven't seen that much shelf space dedicated to G.I. Joe in EVER up here.  Course I didn't need anything so I didn't buy anything but it was nice to see in a place I would have never thought would stock this stuff.

Meanwhile back in Suburbia, my now-local wal*mart and TRU have jack for Joes.  TRU has two pegs for old wave 7 stock and Wal*Mart has no pegs at all, just scattered bits and pieces of old stock - if you're lucky to find them.

I'm just happy to see joe product hitting the shelves in some places - yeah it's not wave 9 - but it's a start!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

silentdusty

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
  • Crusty Ol' Master Warrant Officer
    • View Profile
    • Diowarriors
Re: went back to the hood and was pleased to see this!
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:47:02 AM »

Wow, I wish the stores around here would do that.
Silent Dusty

Canuklehead

• phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ekcomics.com
Re: went back to the hood and was pleased to see this!
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 08:01:15 PM »

Unless no one's buying them, back in Scarborough and the competition is fierce back where you are now  :P

Still, nice to see a lot on shelves...  I rarely see more than a full peg.  Last time I did was at a TRU a few months ago when the vehicles just hit the market...