JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Vehicles! Cartoon 2 packs! More! HASBRO Press Release  (Read 3752 times)

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
Vehicles! Cartoon 2 packs! More! HASBRO Press Release
« on: February 14, 2008, 03:16:44 PM »

PAWTUCKET, R.I. (February 14, 2008) ? With the first-ever full-length G.I. JOE feature film from Paramount Pictures in association with Hasbro, scheduled to land in movie theaters in August of 2009, Hasbro enlists an entire regiment of new G.I. JOE vs. COBRA figures and comics to reinforce its wildly popular 25th Anniversary line.

The 2008 toys tap into two fan favorite components from the 1980s: the popular cartoon series and the 3-3/4-inch scale vehicles. In addition, the classic 12? scale figure returns this Fall with a kid-focused line that helps introduce a new generation of fans to the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA fantasy prior to the saga hitting multiplexes around the world next year.

G.I. JOE PRODUCTS

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 3-3/4-inch Entertainment Battle Packs

(Approximate retail price $19.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: June 2008 with additional waves throughout the year)

Images from the classic 1980s G.I. JOE cartoon series are captured in the new battle packs, which include a 5-episode mini-series DVD and 3 to 4 highly articulated 3-3/4-inch figures pulled from these episodes. The five packs slated for June release are: The MASS Device, Weather Dominator, Arise Serpentor Arise, Pyramid of Darkness, and G.I. JOE The Movie (1980s).

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA Vehicle Assortment

(Approximate retail price $14.99: Ages 5 & up; Available: June 2008 with additional waves throughout the year)

G.I. JOE fans regularly state that ?more vehicle offerings? is at the top of their product wish list. Due to the success of the 25th Anniversary line of 3-3/4 inch figures, their wish will be granted, with the introduction of vehicles to the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA battle. In 2008, this new vehicle line will update and upgrade several of the fan-favorite 80s vehicles, such as COBRA V.A.M.P. and Armadillo TANK vs. Serpentor?s Chariot.

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 3-3/4-inch Single Packs

(Approximate retail price $5.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Now, with additional waves throughout the year)

In 2008, Hasbro will launch seven waves of action figures -- featuring 40 figures in all -- throughout the year. The figures include a base stand featuring the character?s name and are designed with high levels of articulation to provide kids hours of interactive fun with their favorite G.I. JOE characters. The action figures are also packed in vintage 80s-style packaging.

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA Comic 2-Packs

(Approximate retail price $9.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Now, with additional waves throughout the year) One of the most popular comics of the 1980s returns to the toy aisle with brand new stories written by G.I. JOE legend Larry Hama. Each G.I. JOE vs. COBRA comic 2-packs comes with a full-sized comic, along with two 3-3/4-inch figures designed to look just like their comic iterations. Fifteen unique packs -- each containing two figures -- will arrive at stores throughout 2008.

G.I. JOE vs. COBRA 12-Inch Figures

(Approximate retail price $14.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Wave 1 - June 2008; Wave 2 - Aug. 2008)

In 2008 the G.I. JOE vs. COBRA fantasy will once again make the leap from the 3 ??? scale to the 12?? scale which put of G.I. JOE on the map in 1964. This new assortment combines the saga of G.I. JOE vs. COBRA with a more ?realistic? feel expression in the uniforms and gear. Figures include SNAKE EYES, COBRA COMMANDER and FLINT.

About G.I. Joe

With the arrival of the G.I. JOE action-figure in 1964, Hasbro revolutionized the toy industry and forever altered the way boys play. G.I. JOE has been among the most popular boy brands of all time and has provided millions with endless backyard adventures. Throughout its 44-year history, the G.I. JOE brand has constantly evolved, keeping relevant to new generations through new toy trends and innovations such as the ADVENTURE TEAM and KUNG-FU GRIP of the 70?s and the JOE vs. COBRA line of the 80?s. For more information about G.I. JOE, visit http://www.gijoe.com. For information about the Official G.I. JOE Collector?s Club, call (817) 448-9863, or visit http://www.gijoeclub.com.

About Hasbro

Hasbro (NYSE:HAS) is a worldwide leader in children?s and family leisure time entertainment products and services, including the design, manufacture and marketing of games and toys ranging from traditional to high-tech. Both internationally and in the U.S., its PLAYSKOOL, TONKA, MILTON BRADLEY, PARKER BROTHERS, TIGER, and WIZARDS OF THE COAST brands and products provide the highest quality and most recognizable play experiences in the world.

Very exciting stuff!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

sniper

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Vehicles! Cartoon 2 packs! More! HASBRO Press Release
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 03:26:00 PM »

It looks like 80's fever is back!  Could we see the return of fully stocked Canadian shelves?  Possibly Canadian stickers on vehicles.

All I know is Michael Jackson is too pale to return to his 80's look. :mrt:

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 03:41:22 PM »

Quote from: "sniper"
Possibly Canadian stickers on vehicles.

That would be a great question for people to vote in for our next Q & A with Hasbro Canada.
(assuming we have another one) ;-)  :shifty:

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »

Well I think we all saw it coming but to get it confirmed is great news. Damn, there goes my wallet.  :wink:
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 03:38:44 PM »

Cartoon packs =  ;D The cartoon is my canon.

Man, it would be cool if the cartoon packs had actually pieces you can put together say like the weather dominator. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 04:34:13 PM »

Ya it would be cool if they come in a functional diorama format.
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 09:05:02 AM »

I have so many cartoon-related wants, I'm bursting at the seams trying to narrow a wish list down to the dozen or so figures we'll be getting.
Updated!

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 10:23:16 AM »

Quote from: "Scramble"
I have so many cartoon-related wants, I'm bursting at the seams trying to narrow a wish list down to the dozen or so figures we'll be getting.

Maybe we can work that into a question for Hasbro if there is another 5 questions sent in.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Realboss

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2008, 04:25:16 PM »

Quote from: "Pete The Greek"
Cartoon packs =  ;D The cartoon is my canon.

Man, it would be cool if the cartoon packs had actually pieces you can put together say like the weather dominator. 

It has been confirmed that the Mass Device and Weather Dominator are included with the cartoon sets:  gijoeclub.com  Images from Toy Fair
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 04:29:11 PM by Realboss »
There can be only one.  One true GIJoe that is!

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008, 08:35:35 PM »

Stalker with a JUMP from the very first episode!

My personal fave!
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2008, 11:31:31 AM »

Better than Stalker in that weird wall-scaling spider mech.
Updated!

Redmao

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2008, 11:59:11 AM »

The weather dominator seems to be counted as a figure in the Revenge od Cobra pack while the Mass device is a build a figure kinda thing where you'll have to collect all 5 packs to build it.

Figures will contain accessories to complete it thus explaining why the Cobra Commander from wave 8 comes with some crystals.
Say no to AFA.