JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: JumpCon Organizer Indicted on felony theft and consumer fraud charges  (Read 1660 times)

SID

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://neoengel.com

I know of a few people who were affected by this - a couple friends of mine (and at one point me too) were going to go to the Detroit show.

http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090427/NEWSBLOG/904279981

Published: Monday, April 27, 2009
Sci Fi convention organizer faces theft, fraud charges

NASHUA ? A Milford man who sought to organize a series of Science Fiction conventions has been indicted on felony theft and consumer fraud charges.

Shane Senter, 36, of 53 High St., Milford, is scheduled to be arraigned Friday in Hillsborough County Superior Court on two counts of theft and four counts of unfair or deceptive business practices.

Neither Senter nor the prosecutor, Senior Assistant Attorney General Constance Stratton, could be reached this morning for comment.

Senter was the owner of JumpCon LLC, and tried to organize a series of science fiction conventions with celebrity guests, including actors from various Star Trek series.

On July 15, 2008, Senter posted a message on his Web site, www.jumpcon.net, apologizing for the cancellation of a convention in Boston, Mass.

?I regret to announce the cancellation of our Boston event,? he wrote ?Many factors that needed to come together to make it happen simply did not. We tried everything humanly possible and were unable to overcome the insurmountable obstacles. This is not to say that I don't take the blame myself, I do. I wanted to see this succeed so badly that I was blinded to some warning signs that should have been obvious. If I have learned anything through this process it's that running a convention business is far more intricate and fraught with peril than it seemed at the outset.?

See tomorrow's Telegraph for further coverage.
- Andrew Wolfe
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Sid, host of the Snake-Eyes Tribute site
www.neoengel.com/snakeeyes

Sid\'s Snake-Eyes Costumes