JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Trading Card Thoughts?  (Read 9351 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Card Thoughts?
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 09:12:36 PM »

I am digging the cards, and I have them on my desk with all of my other new acquisitions.  It is all part of a bigger hobby, that I really enjoy.
I have a single of each card set aside for myself, and any future trades I do, I will pop one into the box before I seal it up and send it out.
I would occasionally get extra freebies trading cards from Smalljoes.com when I ordered product, it all adds to the small community of collecting.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Jay

• HATE Mechanic
  • Won a record for "longest time as Shatner's hair".
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »

Mike, I didn't mean to come off as an ingrate...

It was a pretty cool gesture of you to be thoughtful like that. I just wanted to share my thoughts as they happened when I received and opened the envelope (I had educated myself about everything but the "beaver name" before posting, by the way). I had no intention of offending you or anyone else when I made that post.

The cards are pretty cool, but they're not my cup of tea. I have absolutely no problem sending them back to you if you'd rather give them to someone who'd want them more.

I'd rather not be taken off the mailing list though. Just because I'm not a fan of collectible cards doesn't mean I don't appreciate everything else you guys do here.
I sincerely hope I can attend the Canadian Joe Con next year, and the last thing I'd want to do is alienate this entire community.
You're far too young to be this bitter and angry at the world....

Radio Guy

• phpBB CJC Media Liason
  • phpBB Dead Eye Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 11:57:21 PM »

absolutely awesome mike!  thanks for the hook-up, and big thanks to all in creating these.  the art is incredible and it's little things like this that makes joe canuck head and shoulders above other joe collecting communities. 
Wherever you go, there you are.

SnakeEyesOnAPlane

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://ages25andup.blogspot.com/
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2008, 01:56:05 PM »

I would have posted soon but stuff like cegep graduation and killing my wireless router by trying to update the firmware but accidentally leaving  BT client open put my behind schedule...  I'm really sorry I didn't get around to posting a thank-you message sooner, but here it is:

I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to JoeCanuck.com!  The cards are great, they look really professional and the artwork just plain kicks ass.  Then I turned the cards around.  The bios made my day!  My brother and I really got a kick out of them!  Little things like Birthplace: Hamilton, Ontario; "French Cruller," Beaver Name, etc. all contribute to the vast fun factor of the cards.  And that Star Trek one with Kirk and Spock was a neat bonus!

I really enjoy these cards and I can't wait to see what else JoeCanuck.com has planned!  Thanks a lot!  I hope you guys keep offering these cards, as I really like them and I'd love to get some more!
Knowing is half the battle. Actually fighting is the other half.
Help Cobra take over the Cayman Islands!

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2008, 12:22:38 PM »

Hey Mike, these are really by far, some of the most beautiful cards I've ever owned. Colours are brilliant. If someone says something bad about them, then they should be ashamed. These cards look well beyond the result of a simple effort, you can really feel the thought and heart that was behind them, so I'm proud to say that I'll be bringing them to the Montreal Toy Con and display mine at my table for everyone to see! It was pretty obvious to me that the doubles were intended for trading so I distributed them all amongst some friends, so mission accomplished!

This makes me want to sponsor at least one card eventually. Can you give us an example / idea how much the investment is ?

You should consider making cards with a bigass front and back photos of those specially customized carded versions of the joe meet exclusive figures!

Thanks alot to everyone at Joecanuck for this nice surprise because it really was unexpected. Getting an enveloppe in the mail other than coming  from my credit card company is a rarity to me, so it really made my day and was a truly emotional moment for me.
2 + 2 = 22

mtilford

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »

I am new to this site and just received some cards in the mail. They are beautifully done and are of high quality and promote the web site and collecting of GI Joe's perfectly.

I am surprised it has been nearly a year since anyone has posted in this this thread.

If anyone does not want their cards, I will gladly take them and give them to friends or trade them for cards that I need. Just PM me...

I do not live in Canada, and doubt that I will ever be able to attend a show, but this site will keep me current with the goings on.

I hope many, many more cards come out moving forward. Anyone have a spare #3? (not my primary goal of this message  ;D )

Thanks.

Mike

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2009, 12:00:44 PM »

Quote from: "mtilford"
I do not live in Canada, and doubt that I will ever be able to attend a show, but this site will keep me current with the goings on.

So where are you from Mike? Welcome aboard! I don't know if I still have a spare #3 card, but I'll keep you in mind if I do.

-LJ22 :cobra:
2 + 2 = 22

Stealth Viper

• Administrator
  • Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2009, 11:08:45 PM »

Quote from: "mtilford"

I hope many, many more cards come out moving forward. Anyone have a spare #3? (not my primary goal of this message  ;D )

Thanks.

Mike

Shoot me your address and I'll send you a #3.
Quote from: \"Pete The Greek\"
My review of the Rat:

A little piece of crap.

spaceace35

• phpBB Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 10:52:50 AM »

very cool designs and also very informative too
hopefully i will be able to find them all woohooo

also a big fan of the mego mueum cards which i'm all caught up on except for one sticker

thanks again for everyones generosity!!!!!

Hemlock

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 10:53:13 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm new here and after forgetting my password for a bit (doh - have too many of the damn things), I  have finally managed to log in.  Love the site, and was blown away by the quality of the cards.  They are beautifully done and I've already shared a few of my extras!  Now to go after those missing cards!  I collect all types of figures including Joes - these are a wonderful addition to my collection which my wife does not understand at all but tolerates with grace and humor.
Two by two, hands of blue . . .