JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ever been sad to see a car go?  (Read 1779 times)

olyeller01

• phpBB Newsletter Staff
  • phpBB HATE Mechanic
  • Paint-Viper
    • View Profile
Ever been sad to see a car go?
« on: November 24, 2009, 12:33:32 AM »

Today I bid farewell to my dearly loved 2002 Mustang GT.  I had that car for five years.  I put over $5K in aftermarket parts on it (almost all installed by myself), and by the time I got rid of it, it could roast anything short of a new Corvette.  I fell in love in that car.  I sweated and bled under the hood.  It now has almost 120,000 miles on it, and I never had anything other than minor problems with it (or problems that I caused myself...hellooooo shredded 3rd gear synchronizer from a missed shift during a burnout).  That car WAS me for five years, and I'll always love it.

Alas, I found a 2007 'Stang GT with only 15K miles on it and got a GREAT deal.  I also couldn't afford to keep both.  I was initially kinda skeptical of the 07 considering how much I loved the 02, and because the 02 was faster.  But after driving it for a couple of days, I really dig the 07.  Even if it IS slower. 

And as sad as I am to get rid of the 02, she'll live on.  One of my buddies bought her and has big plans to make her a world beater. 
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
OlYeller01
Paint/Mustang Man
Reviewer at Large!

dodge822

• phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ever been sad to see a car go?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 12:40:59 AM »

i miss my modifide 81 monte carlo, my dad and i pulled out the stock 305, tranny, drive shaft, and all that, and put in a 350, with a 5 speed tranny, new driveshaft, and rear end to match, thing went like stink, sold it when my daughter was born, and got a 4 door to accomidate the car seat.
General Hawk: Technically, G.I. Joe does not exist, but if it did, it\'d be comprised of the top men and women from the top military units in the world, the alpha dog\'s. When all else fails, we don\'t.

BHMike

• Administrator
  • Pimp Daddy Destro
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bountyhuntertoys.com
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »

I miss my 1989 Ford Aerostar.

Seriously.

I was the 2nd owner, it had just over 130,000km on it, and had all the 'toys' included. The only repair I ever had to do on it was a new alternator and muffler.

Some drunk driver nailed it one night as my wife and I were going home and it was written off.

Now I'm stuck with a 2000 Sunfire. Which i don't like.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 11:54:45 PM »

1986 Prelude.  It went like mad - I used to drive home from the girlfriends at 210km/hr to hit curfew (What was I thinking!  Oh yeah....).

Just wore out the body, it had 400000km on it.  Great car.

Paul
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.