JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Ring of Honor Wrestling  (Read 1737 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Ring of Honor Wrestling
« on: May 24, 2011, 03:42:56 PM »

A while back a few of us had an off line conversation about TNA wrestling (now Impact Wrestling). One of the things we talked about was Ring of Honor and them being on TV or not.

I just found out that Ring of Honor was purchased and has a new TV deal coming. Chances are we probably won't get it here in Canada right away. For those that don't follow wrestling Ring of Honor (ROH) is a great starting ground and brought us guys like CM Punk.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/5/21/ ... -this-fall

All of this reminds me of the late 90's in many regards.

WWE is still WWE.

TNA (Impact Wrestling) reminds me of a watered down version of WCW with being booked by Vince Russo and Eric Bishoff, heavily funded by an outside source and not making the same sort of income as WWE does from the door  (Panada Energy in this case) and branded as a network product (Spike TV). That and the got Hogan and will pick up any big name that wants to leave WWE for a lighter work schedule.

ROH is the proving grounds where all the best talent it cherry picked by the bigger companies, much like ECW was picked over first by WCW and then later WWE/F. Also, like ECW, ROH will be on limited television which means I won't be able to watch it here in Canada most likely. Just like the original ECW, this is the program that I would want to watch. The place where you don't have to be a 6'6 body builder in order to get a shot at the belt.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

grunt 4 mvp

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ring of Honor Wrestling
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 04:58:46 PM »

Saw a lot of Ring of Honour videos at Zellers for $5 or less, maybe $3. I only know because you mentioned CM punk
Just FYI. I'm not really into it as I've never seen it.
If you've got complete 90's figures FTS, PM me!

Scramble

• phpBB Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Ring of Honor Wrestling
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:10:44 PM »

If anyone saw The Wrestler, The Ram's match at the end is at a Ring of Honour event.

ROH is definitely the closest the indy scene has come to a fed with ECW influence. They've had pay-per-views, their roster has former WWE and TNA talent and rising stars getting both major fed's attention, and they have a heavy technical influence. Also, a Montrealer wrestlers in RoH as El Generico, and he is beyond awesome.
Updated!