JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: WrestleMania  (Read 1708 times)

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
WrestleMania
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »

WrestleMania is tomorrow and while my interest in wrestling has diminished over they years it's still fun to talk about from time to time. I honestly find more interest in what goes on back stage now.

That being said, this years card is OK but I'm not totally blown away.

Rock vs Cena. If WWE is smart Cena will win and Rock will loose with style. No swerve should be in this match as it's billed as "once in a life time". If there is a swerve and a rematch then any credibility the story writes had is gone.

CM Punk vs Jericho should be the best match of the night. In order for the stories to move forward CM Punk needs to loose the belt. If he wins it will kill any chance of building Jericho back up and CM Punk will remain relevant for a while I think. Besides, if he doesn't like his character direction he can always go back to TNA or ROH but to be honest, after watching a few weeks of ROH I don't see him ever going back there. I heard of the company but after watching them they really come across as a micky mouse company. I want the to do well but they have a loooong way to go.

Back on subject, Daniel Bryans vs Shamus. This could be the wild card match of the night. Shamus should win the match but it feels like things are just starting to really pick up with Bryan being a heel so I going with Bryan for the win.

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny. This is a filler match IMO. I really don't care either way as I don't think this match will have any relevance in six months. WWE gave us a "happy moment" at Christmas when CM Punk, a face Daniel Bryan and US Champ Zack Ryder were all in the ring together. Now it's time to pay for that happy moment and make it a year for the heels. Team Johnny wins.

Randy Orton vs Kane. Another match I don't care about. It feels like management wanted to keep Orton on the card and with Barret on the side lines they gave him Kane to feud with. Poor Kane got a cool make over only to become the punching bag to the top faces. Not all matches can be won by the bad guys, so Orton wins.

Womens match, they got some celebrity teaming up with Kelly Kelly so the faces win. Maybe some help from Trish Stratus or some returning female. That or Awesome Kong makes her return after the match and takes out everyone.

Rhodes vs Big Show. I think the WWE wants Rhodes to break all records for longest IC champ so Rhoses wins. If I'm right, currently Honky Tonk man is the longest IC champ and I think they want to erase that from the record books so Rhodes will keep his title for at least 14 months (64 weeks is Honky Tonks rein).

Tag Titles triple threat, errr, I really don't care. I imagine the titles stay right where they are.

HHH vs Undertaker (part 3). This is the big match it seems. Neither of these guys is playing heel so all the rules are out the window. Will Undertakers streak end? I hope not. What would it benefit the WWE to have HHH end the streak? All it would do would be bragging rights for HHH and honestly, he doesn't need it. Everyone knows he is the future boss. Sure he can still wrestle and he is a good wrestler but there is nothing new about what he does. It's the same old thing and he doesn't need the push. I think the Undertaker will win due to outside interference, and not by his choice. A-Train has resigned with the company and is a big man. A good angle would have him help Undertaker win just so that next year he can be the guy that ends the streak. Or what about Brock Lesnar? He is retired from UFC due to health issues but still wants to compete. Enough time has passed since his time with the WWE. He could probably get a reduced schedule deal that so many of the old timers get. There is also a rumour that Batista is in town. Any one of those guys would be good to ruin this match.

That or any one of those three big men I mentioned could get involved in the Team Johnny vs Team Teddy match and help team Teddy win.

At the end of the night I'm guessing all the heels have the belts and the Undertakers streak lives on. That and HHH gets mad at Shawn Micheals after he looses.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: WrestleMania
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 01:49:08 PM »

the rock'll win cuz he's got a big movie coming out.
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: WrestleMania
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2012, 08:29:30 PM »

Geez am I way off so far. Oh well, it's only wrestling, right?  ;)
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.