JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Target to close all its stores in Canada  (Read 7271 times)

latinjoe22

• Global Moderator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Target to close all its stores in Canada
« on: January 17, 2015, 09:38:38 PM »

I know this made the news a couple days ago, but in case you missed it here is the coverage. Target to close all its operating stores across Canada:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1774232/target-plans-to-discontinue-canadian-operations/

While I did not shop much for toys at Target, my wife and I find their maternity clothes section to be very good. I very rarely made my groceries there, and I only bought one Target toy exclusive ONCE and that was a gift for my nephew. Prices were okay, but not good enough to justify the driving to over there and making it my main shopping destination. Target opened its first store in Canada in 2013...

2 + 2 = 22

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
Re: Target to close all its stores in Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 06:00:56 AM »

I went to one of the grand openings (one of the early ones in Canada) and it was hilarious how little stock was on the shelves. We went back about once a week (we used to hit the Starbucks there on lunch break) and it took about 6 months for the store to feel properly stocked. We would go to the kitchen appliances section each week (my friend was re-populating his kitchen after a breakup) and the selection was horrible for so long. It was really a waste of time for people to go there only to find nothing they wanted. They spent a fortune remodeling a bunch of the stores out here in malls. No idea what's gonna take their places after we lost Woodwards, Eatons, Woolcos, & Zellers with Sears and Best Buy circling the drain. Probably something to cater to the Chinese population like T&T Supermarket.

bandonov

• Black Ice Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 10:11:28 AM »

Lurking

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 08:01:35 PM »

Target had a great toy section and when they had a sale it could be awesome. 2 weeks ago I bought a bunch of "How to Train your Dragon" toys to store in the closet for when my son gets invited to birthday parties.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 07:42:19 PM »

kinda sloppy on Target to misread the whole situation. Sad part is that's a store with a decent toy section gone.

GI.Suicide

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 06:20:37 PM »

to bad theres no Joes to get on clearance .

80m8

• phpBB Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Flickr page
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 05:10:28 PM »

I went to target today for the liquidation sale, nothing big for saving maximum is 30% and it was on greeting card lol
For the toy almost all action figures are gone, the only good thing left are the lego set at 20% off but nothing spectacular.

First time I saw that much poeple in target the parking was half full lol

B

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 07:29:04 AM »

My wife says this liquidation sale only actually is cheaper then normal at this point. You really have to know your prices.

wow, my earlier post made no sense. My wife says this liquidation sale is only cheaper then normal once the price get past at least 50%. But by then most of the stock will be depleted. It's just a regular weekly sale at this point.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2015, 08:05:07 PM by B »

NeoDragonKnight

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 11:32:58 AM »

Doubt we can find anything that great even when it does get to 50%.  There wasn't much stock to begin with, all the good stuff was gone in december, I couldn't even get a chromecast there when every other store had one, why I went there first was beyond me. 
\"And I don\'t want the world to see me, cuz I don\'t think that they\'d understand... When everything\'s made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...\"