JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Hasbro will be at Joecon and showing new product.  (Read 12276 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Hasbro will be at Joecon and showing new product.
« on: March 21, 2015, 04:25:02 PM »

So it was posted on another site that Hasbro has confirmed that they will be attending Joecon this year, and they will have new product to show off for 2015 and possibly beyond.

Great news!!!!!  Finally a little light being shone back on the brand.  Granted it won't be anything too spectacular, according to Hasbro, but more along the lines of what we got for the 50th. 

Still, every little bit helps.  It should be interesting to see what they have planned, and it is only a couple of weeks away.

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro will be at Joecon and showing new product.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 07:58:24 PM »

That's good news indeed. I'm on the edge of leaving the hobby but if Hasbro comes back to the table and says they still have plans for Joe that might keep me around a bit longer.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:44:23 PM »

I hope to see vintage vehicles redone and new Kreon...

Crimson Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 08:03:00 PM »

I'm just interested to see anything really. Speaking of Kreo, did Canada even see the wave 4 & 5 blind bags and the last waves of the building sets?

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 07:27:58 PM »

I don't know. I lost interest driving from TRU to TRU looking for toys that I never find. So I teamed up with an American friend that found me everything I was looking for.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2015, 05:14:16 AM »

I imagine it will be something limited, even more so than the 50th offerings.

I would say Kreo will be a big part of this year's offerings, and maybe another couple of 2 packs and a vehicle pack?

The real question is will there be anything "new" in the works for the brand for 2016, and not just more of the same?

Zenith27

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2015, 03:59:58 PM »

I'm just interested to see anything really. Speaking of Kreo, did Canada even see the wave 4 & 5 blind bags and the last waves of the building sets?

No. I had to get mine from Tru.com and eBay.

Jon S.

• Administrator
  • phpBB Shiver Wannabe
    • View Profile
    • http://individual.utoronto.ca/gijoecanada
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »

That's good news indeed. I'm on the edge of leaving the hobby but if Hasbro comes back to the table and says they still have plans for Joe that might keep me around a bit longer.

That's always been a weird mentality to me. If they stopped making G.I. Joe I'd still always be a part of the hobby. Just maybe not spending so much $$$ on it. I guess for some people a collection that doesn't grow isn't interesting?

morgardee

• Pimp Daddy Destro
  • SNAKE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2015, 08:33:15 PM »

That's always been a weird mentality to me. If they stopped making G.I. Joe I'd still always be a part of the hobby. Just maybe not spending so much $$$ on it. I guess for some people a collection that doesn't grow isn't interesting?

Not really. I'm all around loosing interest in toy collecting. Every time there is new Joe news it makes me go"Oh? What's going on?" but every time it seems to have less and less impact. I use to tell my wife everything Joe related but now I hardly mention it. Dalton has no desire to play with it except maybe the odd animal, so the idea of sharing the hobby with my son isn't likely to become a reality. Some times I think the collection looks cluttered and then I start thinking "If I sold all this stuff I could pay off my house and buy a new vehicle".

I totally missed the big toy show this year. I didn't find out about it until a few weeks later. BTW, that new Devastator looks neat.

So when I hear Hasbro is going to be there it makes me go "Oh, I wonder what they have planned" but at a more causal pace.
Night Force, the exact opposite of everything chrome.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2015, 08:46:09 PM »

Honestly what can you expect?

Nostalgia can only take you so far. 

Unlike collecting a lot of different things (wine, stamps, art, etc. etc.) toys, or more specifically, a "brand" of toys doesn't mean a fairly large and continuous release schedule of new items.  GI Joe is a large brand of toys, and has 50 years of history.  That is a lot, but how much of that, or any hobby with a large history/catalogue, can you maintain an interest in for a long period of time?  Once you have "everything" then what?  How many times can you watch the shows?  Read the comics?

Yes I will always have a space for Joe product/fandom, but there is only so much room, and I have owned everything pretty much from ARAH in the last 10 years.  SPace, money and waning interest have had me reduce a lot of that.  Also, honestly, the new media (movies, comics) are nice, but not really grabbing my attention as much.   Hell even coming here to discuss Joe has all but dried up except for a few members.

In the end people change over time, interests come and go and what you may have loved with a passion at one stage of your life no longer matters.  That's life.

Crimson Canuck

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2015, 11:35:20 PM »

Not really. I'm all around loosing interest in toy collecting. Every time there is new Joe news it makes me go"Oh? What's going on?" but every time it seems to have less and less impact. I use to tell my wife everything Joe related but now I hardly mention it. Dalton has no desire to play with it except maybe the odd animal, so the idea of sharing the hobby with my son isn't likely to become a reality. Some times I think the collection looks cluttered and then I start thinking "If I sold all this stuff I could pay off my house and buy a new vehicle".

I totally missed the big toy show this year. I didn't find out about it until a few weeks later. BTW, that new Devastator looks neat.

So when I hear Hasbro is going to be there it makes me go "Oh, I wonder what they have planned" but at a more causal pace.

I understand your thinking. I was excited to introduce my son to GI Joe when he was young (early 2000's) and when he lost interest and found his own thing I kind of stepped away until 2008 when the nostalgia bug hit, then I went nuts and went after as much modern era stuff I could find. Now I just plug holes in the 82-89 ME line up, mostly by making customs.

The new comics still keep me interested though. So when Hasbro has something to show, I'm always keen to see if there will be any product that will fill a hole or that I can use to make something to fill a hole. Honestly, I just hope Hasbro finds something that will attract a new generation to Joe.

ARROW

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 12:34:17 PM »

I've more or less stepped away from GIJOE.  I've not bought a 4" figure in about a year now. The 50th stuff flat-lined my interest in the brand.
I'm more interested in the Marauder Task Force figures.....when they finally get here, that is.
But even then.......I'm lukewarm on the stuff. I'm not going to get rid of what I have, but I have had stronger and stronger thoughts about boxing up most of it and putting it away in storage.  That'd be about the first time in...........oh..........30 years that my interest has waned to that degree.
Hasbro is going to have reveal some genuinely NEW thinking...and not just more nostalgia....for me to rekindle my interest in the line.  I'm not expecting much.