JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Classic Joe comics (Marvel) question  (Read 2385 times)

Stratos

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/Stratos
Classic Joe comics (Marvel) question
« on: May 31, 2010, 09:03:45 AM »

Forgive me if this has been discussed before.  Quick question: in issue #20 we see Scarlett operating with a bunch of other Joes and she's all safe and sound.  In #21, she's captured by Storm Shadow and delivered to Destro's secret lair.  In #22, when Grunt & Snake Eyes are flying Kwinn's body to a burial point, Grunt is going on an on about how Scarlett just dissappeared in a parachute exercise... so when did this actually take place?  Is it one of those rare "off camera" moments or did it happen in another book (like Special Missions or Yearbook, etc)?

Just curious because I'm re-reading the old books now collected by IDW and it struck me as unusual to have such a large subplot happen off page... not at all typical for comics back then.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

Sundance

• Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Joe comics (Marvel) question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:41:40 AM »

AFAIK it's all off-camera. as far as i can tell, she parachuted into a cloud and somehow Stormy snatched her in mid-air. he delivers her to the castle - per #21 - then Snakes rescues her (even though she was in the process of escaping any how - god i love that gal) and then off-camera, they turned up back at friendly territory with the CLAW...
Paratroopers don't die, they go to Hell and regroup.

pdaat

• phpBB Chacal Noir Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 12:03:14 PM »

What he said.  There was a bit more of the story in the 21B issue that came in the comic packs a couple of years ago.
Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 01:05:52 PM »

Quote from: "pdaat"
What he said.  There was a bit more of the story in the 21B issue that came in the comic packs a couple of years ago.

Yeah, I loved that!  Silent like 21, but with great details, like the band aid on Scarlett's cheek.  I always assumed that was supposed to represent that storm shadow had given her a whack to settle her down (of course, that would be kinda silly that he would have given her a band aid).  But then we see that it wasn't from storm shadow at all.

Stratos

• phpBB Joe Canuck Trooper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/Stratos
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 08:04:58 PM »

aha!  I KNEW I read more somewhere... it's 21B.  Thanks for the reminder.  :)
Current Wants (01-14-10): RoC Kamukara, Wal*Mart Exclusive Ninja Battles, Desert Zartan from the RoC 5-pack.

Arashikage!

darth cujo

• phpBB Frostback Trooper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 02:53:11 PM »

Quote from: "Stratos"

aha!  I KNEW I read more somewhere... it's 21B.  Thanks for the reminder.  :)

There's also an additional 5 pages called "Silent Prelude" that were only in the Sanke Eyes Declassified TPB published by devils due.

turner

• phpBB HATE Mechanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 10:03:59 PM »

Yeah, now that I think about it, the band aid thing was in the prelude.