JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 319488 times)

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2023, 08:27:22 PM »

So...what happening in Classified?

GI Joe Day happened, on the same day as a Star Wars livestream.  During the course of the day Hasbro revealed digital renders for Snow Job, Scrap Iron, a Steel Corps (Brigade) 2 pack and the Tele-Viper with Trouble Bubble.   Needless to say they all looked amazing!!!!!  Snow Job comes with two heads and a ton of accessories.  Scarp Iron comes with a missile launcher similar to his original, but it is mounted on treads this time like a mini tank/PAC-Rat.  It also has a ton of blast effect pieces to really make it a display piece.  The Steel Corps two pack is a nice update to the old school Steel Brigade figure, and this time we get one male and one female figure.  They also come with a ton of accessories and JUMP jetpacks!!!  The Tele-Viper looks like the original ARAH version with some minor tweaks.  However it comes with 3 heads!!!  1 Black, 1 White and 1 sealed face mask.  The Trouble Bubble look like they took the original and upscaled it for 6" and added some more detailing..  The only thing it seems to be missing is the mine.

The latest wave (Cover Girl, Falcon, Crimson BAT, Mad Marauders BBQ and regular Outback) is starting to trickle out.  If you want a laugh, or cry depending on how much you care about Falcon and Cover Girl, then check out the in-hand pics.  Both of them, but especially Falcon, look terrible compared to the digital render reveals.  They should start showing up in Canada relatively soon.

There was supposed to be a Joe livestream on Valentine's Day, but it got pushed back to March 8th for some reason.  So that is coming up soon, and it should include a lot of in hand reveals of figures that so far are only digital renders, along with new digital render reveals and more "pipeline" reveals of figures that probably won't show up until 2024.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2023, 11:00:09 PM »

Speaking about Falcon, his dark green outfit with very small camo looks like he his a "modern" version of Falcon like the Green Gung-Ho. Maybe Hasbro keeps a more accurate of Falcon for a retro card later.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2023, 04:44:11 AM »

Speaking about Falcon, his dark green outfit with very small camo looks like he his a "modern" version of Falcon like the Green Gung-Ho. Maybe Hasbro keeps a more accurate of Falcon for a retro card later.

With a better head sculpt too!!!

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2023, 09:57:14 PM »

Yes but I don't think his head is that bad. I mean, I would prefer a more 1987 accurate face, but I can live with it. I feel he looks more like him:

So, if he is not 1987, then he is 1994 GI Joe 🤷‍♂️

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2023, 09:01:18 AM »

Yes but I don't think his head is that bad. I mean, I would prefer a more 1987 accurate face, but I can live with it. I feel he looks more like him:

So, if he is not 1987, then he is 1994 GI Joe 🤷‍♂️

Yeah his head sculpt is growing on me.  The big problem with Falcon is how far off the physical product is from the digital render that they revealed.   Clearly there was some problem when he was translated from the digital render to the actual physical mold, and it seems no one at Hasbro, or the factory, caught it.  Also it really doesn't look like Falcon as most collectors remember which is another problem.   Personally I like it fine, it has a bit of character to it compared to a lot of other figures.   Someone mentioned it looked like Jim Caviezel (it does a bit).

Either way I hope Hasbro takes another shot at Falcon, maybe on a retro card, and gives us an updated head sculpt and better camo.  The did do a new head for Gung-Ho when they released the Retro card version, so Falcon shouldn't be a problem to do the same for if they do him on a retro card.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2023, 04:48:48 AM »

Picked up my Falcon and Crimson BAT from Gamestop yesterday.

In hand Falcon is nowhere near as bad as the pictures online make it seem.  Yes his lips are too red, and he is pug-ugly, but otherwise he is fine as a figure.  Granted, again, they somehow went from a great portrait in the digital render......to this.  Anyway he is fine, but he is going to end up at the back of the display on the shelf.

Crimson BAT is fine as well.  I love the BAT mold, and this is just that in another colour.  The colour is a bit more orangey than I initially thought, and I would have preferred more red.  However that is a minor nitpick and the Crimson BAT is another fine addition to the Classified line.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2023, 09:48:49 AM »

Waiting for my pre-order from amazon.  Looking forward to them regardless of how ugly they may be.

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2023, 09:03:12 AM »

Amazon.ca has the next round of figures (Shipwreck, Wetsuit etc.) up for pre order. $35.99.  A dollar more than the last pre-orders.

Really looking forward to this wave, Scrap-Iron was one of my favourite classic figures.   Rock-n-Roll adds another to the original 13, with a fresh update that isn't a simple upsizing of the original line.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2023, 07:22:45 PM »

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2023, 12:00:00 PM »

Loved all the reveals this week.

I went in on all the preorders.   The latest wave and Scrap Iron through Gamestop and, unfortunately, Snow Job and the Valkyries through Pulse.

This latest preorder wave looks amazing, and I hope it turns out as great as the physical versions they showed during the livestream.   That way it will take the stink of Falcon/Cover Girl off the line.

Speaking of, I managed to get all of that wave, minus Outback (who I have waiting for me at Gamestop just need to go pick him up).   Already posted my thoughts on Falcon and Crimson BAT.  Cover Girl isn't as bad as the pics made her seem.  Maybe I got a better copy?  BBQ is a big boy, I forgot how big a figure he is since the first version is at the back of my display.

Also go my Mindbender from Gamestop.  Great packaging, and a great figure.  Too expensive, but it is what it is, hopefully they will get a regular retail version out sooner rather than later.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2023, 08:41:29 PM »

I pre-ordered:
  • Bazooka: this one is for my kid
  • Shipwreck: iconic character, well done
  • Torpedo: that fig is better than the character itself... a bit like Spirit. It's a must have.
  • Scrap Iron: that anti-armor drone is the best! Sold-out on HasbroPulse.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2023, 11:07:25 AM »

So there have been the reveals of the upcoming Walmart Collector Con Classified figures:

https://news.hisstank.com/2023/03/14/g-i-joe-classified-night-force-big-ben-and-range-viper-80856

Man-O-Man does that Range Viper look incredible!!!!  Sucks that it is a Walmart exclusive because that means it might be harder to get ahold of up here.  Big Ben is the Night Force version, so that means we should see a regular, non-exclusive, version down the road like with Bazooka et al.  Personally I was never a big fan of Big Ben, and I don't like the full gas mask alternate head.  But hey it is another Classified figure, and Night Force to boot!!

Also here is the rumoured list of Walmart exclusives that is replacing the Retro card line.  It looks like Walmart is getting a Night Force vs. Cobra Troopers theme:

Rumored Walmart Joe capsule collection:

F7736 GIJ CS Wes Eliot Range Viper
F7737 GIJ CS Wes Potter NF Big Ben
F7738 GIJ CS Wes Hugo NF Shooter
F7739 GIJ CS Wes Beaudelaire Alley Viper Redeco
F8378 GIJ CS Wes Flaubert "Zombie Viper"
F8379 GIJ CS Wes Milton Shadow Tracker
F8380 GIJ CS Wes Tennyson New Joe Character
F7740 GIJ CS Wes Chekhov NF Joe Redeco
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31