JoeCanuck

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Red and white once again! We've restored the classic look of JoeCanuck.

Author Topic: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?  (Read 316680 times)

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
Re: Thoughts on Classified and Retro lines?
« Reply #108 on: April 25, 2023, 02:35:25 PM »

Exactly, just glad that he will eventually show up.  Wonder if the delay is going to be seen in other classified figures.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 26, 2023, 07:46:11 AM »

Exactly, just glad that he will eventually show up.  Wonder if the delay is going to be seen in other classified figures.

I think it already has been seen.

We are almost into May, so basically a third of the year is already over and all we have seen so far this year is one wave (Falcon/Cover Girl, etc) and the Snake Eyes w/Timber repaint and the TF Duke w/RAM and the latest TF/PP in small amounts.  All of which were shown last year, and some of them were released last year.

So far for this year all we have seen is the Shipwreck wave, but still no sign of them coming to retail before summer.  After that, with the rate of release Hasbro seems to going with Classified we might only see one more wave before the end of the year.   Granted there is the Scrap Iron w/Drone and the Walmart exclusives (Big Ben, Range Viper), plus whatever Con exclusives they reveal.  So there is a bit of product coming up, but this is all stuff that probably won't see release until the second half of the year.  That means, to me, at the rate they are going we might only see one more wave released this year, and the remaining TF/PP exclusives (Dusty, Crimson Guard).  Maybe some more Walmart exclusives will get released this year from that leaked list since they have another collector con coming in the summer.  Who knows.

Either way, it has really been a slow trickle, compared to say Marvel Legends, for releases this year.  Good for the wallet, bad for keeping fan interest over the course of the year.  What's interesting is they made a big deal of the fact they were switching from 3 to 5 figure waves this year, but we are still waiting a lot longer (seemingly) for releases compared to other Hasbro brands.  Look at Transformers, they have easily had more than double the amount of product released this year so far compared to Joe.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 02, 2023, 11:36:28 AM »

Just a heads up if anyone is still looking for a Classified Serpentor.

DJC Collectibles (out of Ottawa) has him in stock now.  Not cheap though ($130).  I have bought from them multiple times so I can say they are a safe site to use. 

As I said, just a heads up if you are still looking for one.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2023, 05:00:46 AM »

I just wanted to say that I love the artwork for the Haslab HISS Tank box.   I got the email and man I really love that wrap around art, it will look great on the box.  Now how about some more reveals Hasbro??  LOL

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2023, 10:24:45 AM »

Agreed - i Have only supported a couple Haslab projects, but would love to see another one.  Feels like they have scaled back on GI Joe, but are running on full steam with TransFormers, Marvel Legends and Starwars.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2023, 11:59:16 AM »

Agreed - i Have only supported a couple Haslab projects, but would love to see another one.  Feels like they have scaled back on GI Joe, but are running on full steam with TransFormers, Marvel Legends and Starwars.

Yeah there is no worries on that front.  They have already announced a new SW Vintage Collection Haslab is going to be reveal at SDCC.  Marvel have also teased their next Haslab (most likely Giant Man) and TF will have another one near the end of this year since both Victory Saber and Deathsaurus did well.

That leaves poor old GI Joe.  WOE UNTO US!!!!  What will happen?  I mean the Skystriker and HISS were only moderately successful (LOL).......

Of course Joe will have another Haslab this year, we just have to wait for a reveal.  They might even have hinted at it with the HISS email recently (secret project?).

Anyway I am fairly certain it will be a Classified Haslab because the HISS did so well.  Also they seem to have abandoned 3.75" for now (outside of the TF crossover vehicles).   Plus the Skystriker did ok, but not gangbusters compared to other Haslabs.  So while I would love another 3.75" Haslab vehicle I think they'll keep their eggs in the Classified basket for now.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2023, 10:25:43 PM »

I picked up Cover Girl at Whitby TRU a couple of weeks ago.  The price was less than what I have been paying from before. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2023, 06:35:58 AM »

I picked up Cover Girl at Whitby TRU a couple of weeks ago.  The price was less than what I have been paying from before.

Yeah something happened with TRU recently.   Pretty much all the major Hasbro 6" lines have had a price reduction on the latest wave.  Joe, ML, SW:BS, etc. etc.

Now they are back in line with what their competitors are charging.  The funny thing, not haha funny just sneaky funny, is that they were quite happy to raise the price on ALL figures in a line when they raised their prices to $45.  That included old figures that had been on the shelf for over a year and were already paid for at the lower price point.  What happens now that they are dropping the price?   Why of course they can only drop the price on the newest waves, heaven forbid they drop the price across the board.   No no that is too difficult compared to raising the price across the board.

Anyway, yeah TRU seems to have FINALLY got the message that their pricing was too high.  Let's see if this continues.

canprime

• Back-Stop Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 06, 2023, 05:06:13 PM »

Just a heads up that I found Classified Retro Zartan today at a local Walmart.  No sign of Storm Shadow yet, but here's hoping soon.

martin-montreal

• Snowbank Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2023, 07:31:35 PM »

I went to Walmart today and saw no GI Joe at all... none!

akpayne

• phpBB Timbit Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2023, 10:49:38 AM »

I am on the lookout for Walmart Zartan and Storm Shadow - I missed the chance to pre order these.  I did get the preorder in for snake eyes and crimson guard from walmart.ca, the same for BigBen and RV.

Pete The Greek

• Administrator
  • Mudslinger Wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2023, 08:41:13 PM »

I find Walmarts to be more of huge swing and miss to find anything. 
Go Leafs Go - just end '67